- At least fifty-one percent ownership by one or more women
- Proof of overall female management and control of the business
- The woman owner or female designate must hold the highest office within the company on a day-to-day basis
- Documented evidence of the woman owner(s) contribution of capital and/or industry expertise
- The company must operate independently of non-WBENC certified companies
- U.S. Citizenship or Legal Resident Alien status of woman owner(s)
WPEO maintains a stringent screening process under the guidelines of WBENC's Standards & Procedures, which ensures that all firms are legitimately owned, managed, and controlled by women. All applicants are encouraged to read WBENC's Standards & Procedures www.wbenc.org.