Women Owned Small Business certification
The Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) has announced that the Small Business Administration (SBA) has approved WBENC as a Third Party Certifier for Women Owned Small Business (WOSB) certification as part of the SBA's WOSB Federal Contracting Program. To find out more about the program, click here.
Commonwealth of Virginia, Department of Minority Business Enterprise
Henrico County, VA
For more information contact Marvis Marshall, Supplier Relations Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 501-5689.
Montgomery County, MD
For more information, please see the county’s website at http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/mcgtmpl.asp?url=/content/DGS/pro/contact.asp
New York City and State
The MOU with New York State will offer an added benefit to New York WPEO-Certified Women’s Business Enterprises (WBEs): the ability to fast-track their public sector certification. The WPEO currently maintains a similar relationship with the City of New York.
- Companies need to have a minimum of 6 months remaining in their partner‘s certification in order to use this application.
- Native Americans are no longer eligible for the M/WBE program; they may be eligible for the Emerging Business Enterprise program (EBE).
For M/WBE Certification, companies must be located within the geographic market:
- New York State: Bronx, Kings, Nassau, New York, Putnam, Queens, Richmond, Rockland, Suffolk, or Westchester
- New Jersey: Bergen, Hudson, or Passaic
Companies located in the following counties cannot use this application; they should use the standard application.
- New Jersey: Essex, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Somerset and Union
- Connecticut: Fairfield
- Only the partner’s certification letter will be accepted as proof of certification. We will no longer accept a certificate.
- Companies that have previously applied or currently under review for certification with the City of New York cannot use this application.
Companies must be in business for at least 1 year.
The New York State Department of Economic Development, Division of Minority and Women's Business Development
For further information, please call Empire State Development at 518-292-5250 or 212-803-2414.
The New York City Department of Small Business Services
For further information, the Certification Helpline at 212-513-6311.