Supplier Diversity is a strategic corporate initiative and a core element of our overall commitment to diversity. An important part of that commitment is putting together a supplier diversity program that allows us to work closely with firms that reflect the consumers we must reach on behalf of our clients.
List of top tips for doing business with IPG:
- Become familiar with IPG agencies (discipline, size, visit IPG agencies websites)
- Grab their attention and tell a compelling story
- Make their decision easier (testimonials up front, video tours & testimonials, WebEx introduction)
- Target the right buyer – by location (Creative Services/Art Buyers, Production Managers, Media Buyers)
- Don’t forget the influencers (Client, Account Director, HR (in smaller agencies might have lead roles))
- Leverage your relationships with clients and agencies
Did you know?
- IPG is fortunate to have a Supplier Diversity initiative that is championed by our Chairman and CEO, Michael Roth, and CFO, Frank Mergenthaler.
- We also have support from our CEO Diversity Council, chaired by Michael Roth, and comprised of key senior management from IPG and our agencies. This council ensures that the supplier diversity message is being disseminated across all agencies.
- IPG’s CPO, Eliseo Rojas, is responsible for overseeing Global Sourcing and Procurement and Supplier Diversity.
In 2014 IPG will focus on procuring the following services:
- Digital media services
- Print media suppliers (consumer magazines, trade magazines, Out-of-Home (billboards))
IPG is First in the Industry to:
“Interpublic Group is pleased to be a WPEO 15th Anniversary Sponsor. I am also honored to Chair the WPEO Board of Directors. WPEO trade fairs, match maker meetings, training and educational workshops has enabled us to build relationships with certified WBEs that provide products/services specific to the marketing and advertising industry.”
Eliseo Rojas - Chief Procurement Officer
- Hire a Diversity Officer
- Tie CEO Compensation to Diversity Metrics
- Establish a CEO Diversity Council
- Hire a Full-Time Supplier Diversity Director
- Receive HRC's "Best Place to Work" honor for LGBT talent