WBEC NY & DMV Awards
WBEC Metro NY & Greater DMV Awards bring public recognition to businesses and individuals that have shown an outstanding degree of support for WBEC Metro NY & Greaer DMV and serve as an inspiration to others in all spheres of our community.
At the beginning of each calendar year, all WBEC Metro NY & Greater DMV stakeholders are invited via email to apply for these awards. WBEs and Corporate Members may nominate themselves, and all stakeholders may nominate other individuals and businesses.
Good to Know
- WBEC Metro NY & Greater DMV awards for both NY and DC Regions will be presented at the Annual Award to Celebrate our Partners on March 4, 2022.
- WBEs and corporate members cannot receive the same award for two consecutive years
Awarded to one Metro NY and one Greater DMV Corporate Member annually.
The Outstanding Corporation Award recognizes Corporate Members that have contributed significantly to WBEC Metro NY & Greater DMV’s mission by actively supporting women in business. Working with certified WBEs, providing resources and support to the WBE community, participating in events and programs, and developing innovative initiatives for supplier diversity are all ways in which Corporate Members can demonstrate their support. The Outstanding Corporation Award honors and celebrates their efforts.
- Apply for the Metro NY 2022 Outstanding Corporation Award here.
- Apply for the Greater DMV 2022 Outstanding Corporation Award here.
Awarded to one Metro NY and one Greater DMV WBE annually.
The Star Award recognizes outstanding certified WBEs that have actively participated in WBEC NY & DMV programs and events, supported other women in business, and developed innovative solutions for doing business with Corporate Members and other WBEs.
The Star will be recognized by WBEC NY & DMV within the community.
Awarded to one Metro NY and Greater DMV WBE or Corporate Member or Community Advocate annually.
The Outstanding Women’s Business Advocate Award recognizes a single individual, representing either a certified WBE, WPEO Corporate Member or community advocate who has made an outstanding contribution to WBEC NY & DMV and supported women in business through active involvement and contribution to WBEC NY & DMV. The award is open to WBEs, Corporate Members and community advocates in Metro NY and Greater DMV regions.
- Apply for the Metro NY 2022 Outstanding Women’s Business Advocate Award here.
- Apply for the Greater DMV 2022 Outstanding Women’s Business Advocate Award here.
Awarded to one Metro NY and one Greater DMV outstanding individual annually.
The President’s Award recognizes an individual personally selected by the WBEC Metro NY & Greater DMV President & CEO who has made an outstanding contribution to WBEC NY & DMV throughout the year. One is presented for the Metro NY region and one for the Greater DMV region.
- Recognition at WBEC NY & DMV’s Annual Awards to Celebrate Our Partners
- Press coverage and recognition in marketing materials surrounding Awards Breakfast events
- Recognition as award winners in WBEC NY & DMV marketing materials, distributed to over 3,000 people
- Opportunity to serve on the following year’s Awards Committees