Corporate Member Spotlight
At Capital One we understand the value that a diverse supplier base provides to our company, enabling us to bring together diverse perspectives, backgrounds and experiences that reflect the customers and communities we serve. Capital One understands that diverse suppliers bring value to our company by helping better serve the wide-ranging needs of our customers and communities. We look for opportunities to work with diverse suppliers in all aspects of our business.
List of top tips for doing business with Capital One
Capital One values partners that understand today’s environment and rethink old methods. Such businesses are able to:
- The world is changing rapidly, successful suppliers embrace new trends and leverage technology
Understand your key audience
- Who is/should be your client
- Align infrastructure appropriately
Know who you and your competitors are
- What’s your focus/their focus
- What’s your value proposition/their value proposition
- What is changing in the industry that you can embrace to distinguish yourself from the competition
If scalability is an issue, partner with firms to build your competencies
- Don’t shy away from Tier II opportunities IF they build your skills
- Mentor with other firms as needed
- Always consider the source
- Demand actionable, targeted feedback
Did you know?
As a bank we have great business resources including our Second Look Program.
Through our Second Look program, Capital One refers declined small business applicants to non-profit partners that provide technical assistance and loans to pre-bankable businesses. Almost a dozen non-profits, such as ACCION, have helped over 500 businesses through this referral program.
Capital One is currently purchasing:
- Information Technology
- Labor/Professional Services
WPEO is a strong partner with goals that align with our corporate mission and values. Our Supplier Diversity team is able to leverage this partnership to connect with certified suppliers within our footprint, provide opportunities for WBE business development, and even provide leadership opportunities for our associates. We continue to be impressed by the range and level of suppliers we meet through the WPEO and the benefits of our Corporate Sponsorship.