Once you have completed your company’s application, your certification can be an important marketing tool. It can be instrumental in expanding your company’s visibility among corporate supplier diversity and procurement professionals.
The WBENCLink database makes information about your company available to WPEO Corporate members and Fortune 1000 companies.
3 reasons to keep visiting the database:
• To find contact information for national and local WPEO Corporate and Government members
• To verify your company information is correct and up to date
• To search for other certified WBEs
In WBENCLink, WBEs are able to:
• Update company profile*
• Add/remove users
• Change user’s password
• Download and print certificate of certification
• Download WBENC Certified and Women Owned Logos
• Search for corporations & WBEs
• Start the recertification process
* While you can update most aspects of your company’s profile – there are a few items that can only be updated by WPEO staff, such as headquarters, mailing address and NAICS Codes.
Be sure your company’s North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) and United Nations Standard Products and Services (UNSPSC) codes, with appropriate business description/keywords, are complete, up to date, and easily understood by someone who is not necessarily in your industry.
NAICS is a coding system which describes what the business does, while the UNSPSC provides a very specific product-centric viewpoint. To find a NAICS code that most accurately represents your company, visit: http://www.census.gov/eos/www/naics/.
Remember, the code entered in WBENCLink should represent the product/service that provides the predominant revenue stream for your company.
Helpful Hint: Do a search on WBENC Link to see if you can find your business using the most obvious key words. If not, add those words to your company description.