Thank you for your interest in becoming officially certified as a Woman Business Enterprise (WBE).
The Women Presidents’ Educational Organization WPEO, founded in 1998 by Dr. Marsha Firestone, comprises two of the 14 regional partner organizations which issue the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council Certification (WBENC)
WBENC certification gives you access to a national database of top corporations with supplier diversity programs for sourcing certified WBEs. You also gain access to formal and informal opportunities to pursue business contracts with Corporate Members and WBEs.
WPEO-NY provides WBENC Certification in the following locations:
- New York
- Northern New Jersey, covering:
- Bergen ο Middlesex ο Somerset
- Essex ο Monmouth ο Sussex
- Hudson ο Morris ο Union
- Hunterdon ο Passaic ο Warren
- Southern Connecticut, covering:
- New Haven
- New LondonWPEO-DC provides WBENC Certification in:
WPEO-DC provides WBENC Certification in:
- Washington, D.C
Requirements for WBENC Certification
- The applicant company must be at least fifty-one percent (51%) owned and controlled by one or more women
- Owners are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents
- In the case of any publicly-owned business, at least fifty-one percent (51%) of the equity is owned and controlled by one or more women who are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents
- The applicant company’s management and daily operation is controlled by one or more of the women owners.
Before you begin the application process read:
- Your company’s legal documents to make sure that your company is indeed fifty-one percent (51%) owned and controlled by one or more women who are U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents
To help streamline the process for the first-time application, as well as the re-certification process, WPEO has developed a helpful New Application Checklist to compile the requisite documents.
- Print and follow the New Application Checklist as you compile all of your supporting documents required for recertification
- Log in to your WBENCLink profile, fill each page, and press “save & submit”
- Print and include your WBE Application Summary View in your application (Requirement #1)
- Send the supporting documents to the WPEO office with the completed checklist via certified mail (with tracking) and a check for required fees.
- Provide a “Not-Applicable” statement for required documents that do not apply to your company
- Make the application processing fee check of $500 payable to WPEO
Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) Federal Contract Program
In addition to WBE Certification, WBENC now offers Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) Certification Program for the Small Business Administration (SBA). For more information and to determine if your company is eligible, please read our blog post https://wpeonydc.wordpress.com/2015/11/06/what-is-wosb/
If you find that your company does qualify and would like to apply for both at the same time, you must fill out and submit the WOSB online application tab after you complete the online application for WBENC.