LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER! Networking with with Women Business Owners is a great key to success – and the WIPP Community Connections offer you the chance to get to know other successful WOSBs. Join WIPP to hear the latest WOSB update from the SBA, and meet women business owners who generously share some of their secrets for success.
Small Business Administration
- On August 11, 2021, the SBA announced updates to the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant program, including:
- New applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. PT on Friday, August 20, 2021.
- The SBA will open the program for supplemental SVOGs for 50% of the original award amount, capped at a total of $10 million (initial and supplemental combined) later this month. Details will be announced at a later date.
- The SBA is currently accepting, by invitation, applications for reconsideration of award amounts and appeals. This rare opportunity gives applicants a chance to prove their eligibility and reverse a prior decision. Learn more
- Join the SBA September 13 – September 15, 2021, for the National Small Business Week Virtual Summit to learn new business strategies, meet other business owners, and chat with industry experts. This free online event will include educational webinars, updates on resources for small businesses and a networking chat room for business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs. Register
- Join the SBA for an online panel discussion on August 26, 2021 with rural-owned small businesses as they share their small business stories and how they utilized SBA and USDA economic aid to pivot during the pandemic. You will also learn about resources available from the SBA and USDA to help rural entrepreneurs compete in the marketplace: launch or expand businesses; receive counseling; funding opportunities; and help to recover or rebuild from disasters. Register
- The SBA is currently accepting applications through the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Forgiveness Portal which is a streamlined application portal that allows borrowers with PPP loans $150,000 or less through participating lenders to apply for forgiveness directly through the SBA. Learn more
- The New York Power Authority invites you to join us for a SMART PATH CONNECT – TRANSMISSION & SUBSTATION PROCUREMENT INFORMATION SESSION on Thursday, September 9, 2021 | 10:00am – 12:00pm . Smart Path Connect is a part of a comprehensive portfolio of transmission upgrades being undertaken across New York State to support New York State’s clean energy goals. Small Businesses, WBE, MBE, and SDVOB Firms are encouraged to attend. Click here to register.
- Where is the Money. Discover the War Chest of government funding for your small business! An overview of local, state, and federal programs available now! District Director, Carl Knoblock will be presenting on SBA’s funding programs. August 25, 2021 | 9am-10am. 100 EastShore Drive, Suite 100 Glen Allen, VA 23059. Register.
- Finance Series: How to Finance Your Business Venture Women’s Business Center
Tuesday, August 17, 2021 – 10:00am EDT Registration Required
- The 3 Keys to Creating Money-Making Relationships in 2021 SCORE Business Mentor
Tuesday, August 17, 2021 – 6:30pm EDT Registration Required
- Doing Business with Federal, State & Local Entities Women’s Business Center
Wednesday, August 18, 2021 – 1:00pm EDT Registration Required