CONGRATULATIONS to the WBEC Metro NY and WBEC Greater DMV WBEs recognized as TOP WBE CEOs of 2021 by WE USA Magazine:
- Dee C. Marshall, Diverse & Engaged, Newark, NJ
- Linda Hamilton, Linda Hamilton, CPA, LLC, New York, NY
- Debra Berry, Berry Industrial Group, Inc., Nyack, NY
- Carol Musznyski, Eighth Day Design, Inc., Falls Church, VA
- Staci Redmon, Strategy and Management Services, Inc., Springfield, VA
- Liz Whitehead, 12PointFive, LLC, Springfield, MA
- Women Owned in Retail 2021 Programming Kickoff Event July 20, 2-4pm ET
Women Owned in Retail is an education and outreach program designed to help women-owned business with consumer goods scale and thrive in the retail space. July to December, connect with representatives from some of America’s largest retailers, hear success stories from, gain insights into best practices for marketing, and more!
- Upcoming NextGen Sessions NextGen is an outreach program dedicated to nurturing the next generation of the WBENC network – millennial and Generation Z Women’s Business Enterprises (WBEs) and supplier diversity professionals. Throughout the year, the NextGen program provides targeted opportunities, education, and community building to help young women entrepreneurs and those who support them continue to grow and thrive.
- July 15, 2-3pm ET | NextGen Happy Hour
- July 22, 1-3pm ET | Essentials for an Effective Pitch
- REGISTER: Women of Color: The Art of Influence July 21 from 12-2pm ET
The Art of Influence session promises to provide a unique and impactful way to develop and enhance your networking experience. It will help shape how you operate your life and business with intentionality to increase your circle of influence. During this session, discover how owning your truth and knowing your worth can significantly move you into opportunities and business relationships that you were previously not privy to. When you master the Art of Influence, the opportunities become endless.
- Women & Pride Peer Groups + Community Building August 12, 3:00-4:30pm ET
Women & Pride is a new WBENC outreach and development program designed to support and strengthen the community of LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs and corporate professionals within the WBENC network and beyond. This session is designed to address the challenges faced by LGBTQ+ women business owners by sharing resources, strategizing to overcome problems, and forming new partnerships
- Monday, July 12, 2021 2 pm ET | 1 pm CT | 11 am PT Join WIPP for the July WIPP Intersectionality session where we will learn from our special guest on creative marketing strategies that are in sync with today’s new environment.
- Special Guest: Dr. Tonya Williams Bradford
- Associate Professor of Marketing, UCI Paul Merage School of Business
- Application Deadline July 16 for the 2021 Share the Green Event. All women-owned businesses who have products and services that could be used by major corporations are welcome to apply. We know your network of members includes the high-caliber women entrepreneurs we’re hoping to engage in this year’s event. Want more information? If you missed our Q&A session, check out this recording. For business looking to apply, visit https://sharethegreen.wm.com/Applicant.
- Did you know? Eligible businesses that allow employees to get a COVID-19 vaccine can receive a tax credit. Partner with a vaccine provider to host an on-site vaccination clinic. Find a vaccine provider
- Amazon’s new Black Business Accelerator provides access to capital, business guidance, mentorship, and marketing support to help Black business owners succeed as sellers in Amazon’s store. Learn more at amazon.com/bba.
- Walmart has released their 2021 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Summary and launched a new ESG reporting site, which covers the fiscal year ending on Jan. 31, 2021 (FY2021). Walmart has long taken a shared value, whole-system approach to ESG issues and they aim to do more than operate responsibly and mitigate business risk. Walmart wants to create value by better serving our customers and stakeholders and helping to transform related societal systems (e.g., food systems, workforce development systems) for more equitable and sustainable outcomes. The events of this past year have served to underscore their shared value philosophy.
- July 20 | 10:00am – 11:00am Doing Business with Anthem. For WBEs providing products and services in the following areas:
- Tutoring or Educational Training
- Healthcare Providers
- Manage Plan Operations
- IT (digital, AI)
- Work benefits
- Marketing (brand positioning, messaging, printing)
- HR services
- Accounting services
Don’t miss this exclusive WBE session to learn:
- How to effectively engage and navigate Anthem’s procurement opportunities and process.
- Tips on how to get noticed by Anthem. How to differentiate your company to stand out from the rest.
- Hear from Sourcing team during a Q&A panel to address potential Suppliers’ questions.
- Tips for your Capability Statement.
- Join Minority Business Development Agency on July 14th 3:450pm – 4:30pm for the Enterprising Women of Color (EWOC) Summer Forum featuring discussions on creating a financially fit business model, a listening session about thriving in the Care Economy, and making self-care a priority for business success. Guest speaker is Marvet Britto, Founder and President, The Britto Agency, an internationally recognized public relations and brand architecture firm. Get your seat, here!
Small Business Administration
- The SBA extended the application date for the Community Navigator Pilot Program from July 12, 2021 to July 23, 2021, and anticipates making award decisions by September 2021. Established by the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, the community navigator approach will reach our nation’s smallest businesses, with a priority focus on those owned by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals, as well as women and veterans.
- The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration is predicting another above-average hurricane season, which is nearing its peak. Tune in to SBA’s Q&A on July 14, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. EDT on Facebook and get preparedness tips from the Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety and the Insurance Information Institute. Learn more
- Getting Back on Track: Help is Here. Join the SBA and Public Strategies Institute for the next webinar on July 15, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. EDT to:
- Hear about what steps you can take now to learn and take advantage of new and existing programs that are available at the SBA.
- Get an update regarding programs and recent policy announcements made by the Biden-Harris Administration.
- Have your questions answered by SBA Leadership and small business experts.
- Learn how you can become a vaccine leader in your community.
- Discover tools and resources you can use to take your business digital.