We all know all this information is still unfolding daily so we urge you to review other resources so you can make the most informed decisions for your situation.
- Heidi Worcester, Neatgoods LLC on being accepted in to the 2021 CVS Health & RMU Executive Learning Series.
- JPMorgan Chase opened its request for proposals for our annual AdvancingCities Challenge, which aims to help solve the complex issues at the root of economic inequality. This year, we’re evolving the AdvancingCities Challenge to advance economic progress for Black and Latina women by tackling the key drivers of the racial and gender wealth gaps. Black and Latina women are the backbone of many of America’s cities – as consumers, homeowners, entrepreneurs, business owners, and essential workers in critical sectors affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. There is an urgent need for bold, structural change to secure and catalyze recovery and long-term economic success of Black and Latina women and their families. The request for proposals is now open and closes on Monday, June 28, 2021.
- Last Chance to Register! Networking with with Women Business Owners is a great key to success – and the WIPP Community Connections offer you the chance to get to know other successful WOSBs. Join us to meet successful women who generously share some of their secrets for success. Who knows, this may be your next partner!
* Meet the Member – Hannah Kain, CEO, ALOM
* Member Spotlight: Doreen Blades, CEO, US Eco Products Corp
These highly successful women business owners are excited to share their knowledge as they inspire others on their journey to success.
Not yet a WIPP member? You will want to be after joining this webinar and learning more about the work we are doing on the Hill, the educational programming we provide and experiencing the value of this great business ecosystem.
Small Business Administration
- Coming soon! SBA will launch the Community Navigator Pilot Program, a $100 million grant program enacted through the American Rescue Plan Act, which will provide counseling, networking and the assistance needed during this time of economic recovery to the nation’s smallest businesses. The program will target small businesses owned by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals, as well as women and veterans. The SBA will engage with states, local governments, SBA resource partners, Community Financial Institutions (CFIs), and other organizations in directed outreach efforts. These partners and people in the community are key to this pilot program as they will serve as a two-way information stream, enabling enterprising business owners to receive the help needed from the SBA. Learn more
- SBA is currently offering PPP loans originated only by participating community financial institutions including Certified Development Companies (CDCs), SBA Microlenders, Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs), and Minority Depository Institutions (MDIs) until May 31, 2021 or until remaining funds are exhausted. Please note that not all community financial institutions are participating in PPP. Learn more
- SBA and Millennium Challenge Corporation Announce Strategic Collaboration to Advance Emerging Technologies from Small Businesses The U.S. Small Business Administration and The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding today to advance emerging technologies and innovations developed through the Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer (SBIR/STTR) programs. The SBA/MCC partnership will identify, pilot, and scale innovative technologies to address country-specific needs in sectors such as renewable energy, agriculture and irrigation, health, water, sanitation, and hygiene.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration and the non-profit Public Private Strategies Institute present a new regional webinar series, “Getting Back on Track: Help is Here,” to provide Main Street entrepreneurs with information and resources needed to continue to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. The educational webinars feature speakers from The White House, the SBA, members of Congress, and small business leaders, and will provide updates on the American Rescue Plan.
“The ‘Getting Back on Track: Help is Here’ webinar series is an important outreach effort to help small businesses recover, rebuild and gain resiliency,” said SBA Administrator Isabella Casillas Guzman. “Small businesses are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel as marketplaces and main streets reopen thanks to strong vaccination rates. We are empowering small businesses to reopen fully and safely by connecting them with helpful resources and tools, including the Biden-Administration’s tax credits that cover paid time-off for employees getting vaccinated. We all must double down on our efforts to help our beloved small businesses survive and get our economy back on track.”
The webinar for districts in the SBA’s Mid-Atlantic Region (Delaware, Maryland, Eastern & Western Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington, DC, and West Virginia) is Thursday, August 5, 2021 – 2 p.m. EDT. To join is or other regional webinars in this series and learn more about programs helping small businesses get back on track, register at Getting Back on Track: Help is Here! Webinars will also be recorded and made available on www.sba.gov shortly after the live presentation.
- Wednesday May 26 | 11:00am & 3:00pm Doing Business with MBDA: Advancing the AAPI Business Community. Join the Minority Business Development Agency for two one hour webinars on how to maximize their opportunities.
WBE Provided Resource
- June 1 – 7 |10:am – 1:00pm & 5:00pm – 8:00pm ET P.U.S.H – “Loving on Yourself” – Empowered Women’s Week.This is a virtual conference designed to empower women of all shapes and walks of life! Through dynamic programming, this week-long event will include a host of workshops and trainings from nutrition, to health, to business growth. Registrants will leave the conference empowered and with a T-Shirt to remind them of their strength!This event is hosted by LaTrell Fitchett, owner of Promoting Love & Wisdom Home Childcare Center and Promoting Universal STEM Hub, or P.U.S.H. Academy Summer Camp. Her goal for the event is to raise funds for domestic violence survivors (through Promoting SueB’s Domestic Violence Relief) and to provide resources for kids participating in her childcare and summer camp programs.
Tools You Can Use
- [Blog] Back to the office: Keys for safely returning people to the unknown – Looking to map out your office return plan? Use our 2020 guide for tips on how to get started.
- [Blog] Pre-employment testing: The pros, cons, and most effective use cases – Add data and precision to your hiring process by exploring these pre-employment assessments.
- [Course] How to build a diverse workforce – With renewed hiring efforts comes new opportunities to improve your recruitment strategy—and advocate for inclusion.
- [E-Book] The guide to organizational culture – As you build your post-COVID workplace, make sure you’re encouraging and rewarding behaviors that align with your culture.
- [Blog] Considering the Culture Index? Make sure it fits your org’s needs – Wondering if the Culture Index is right for your organization? Here are some things to keep in mind.