We all know all this information is still unfolding daily so we urge you to review other resources so you can make the most informed decisions for your situation.
Don’t forget to Join us Tomorrow for the Annual Awards to Celebrate Our Partners on May 4, 2021. Hear from WBEC Metro NY & Greater DMV Corporate Members who will provide a look into how they provide content, community and connection opportunities to the WBEC NY DMV network. Network with Corporate representatives and other WBEs to build community and connections. Join conversations to hear from Corporate thought leaders, gain insights moving the ecosystem from 2020 into 2021 and beyond, collaborate with your peers and build your network. Corporations hosting networking sessions include:
AARP – Accenture – Altria Group – Bank of America – Capital One – Dominion Energy – EY – Freddie Mac – Guggenheim Partners – HSBC – JPMorgan Chase & Co. – Marriott – New York Life – Sodexo – ViacomCBS – WSSC Water
On WBENC’s latest episode from Season 2 of the Women Who Own It podcast, Ann Ramakumaran, Founder and CEO of Ampcus Inc., a WBENC-Certified Consulting and Professional Services firm, shares how she turned her passion for problem solving and innovative technology solutions into one of the fastest-growing women-owned businesses in the U.S. Listen now to learn the tools and practices Ann used to fuel her company’s steady growth year after year — and how you can use them to grow and scale your own business. Listen Now!
- On May 17, 2021, JPMorgan Chase will open its next Request for Proposals (RFP) for our annual Advancing Cities Challenge, which aims to source and seed creative, collaborative and sustainable solutions that catalyze systemic change.
- Walmart has just released their 2020 Culture, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (CDEI) Report. Reflecting on the past year with its unthinkable set of challenges, our belief in the idea of “Better Together” has meant redoubling our commitment to CDEI inside our company and beyond. To learn more from Walmart’s Sr. Vice President and Global Chief CDEI Officer, Ben Hasan, please visit here. And to read the full 2020 CDEI Report, please visit here.
- Funding Alert: $3.5 million for Organizations Supporting Women in Registered Apprenticeships and Nontraditional Occupations The U.S. Department of Labor Women’s Bureau announced $3.5 million in grant funding to encourage women’s employment in Registered Apprenticeship programs and nontraditional occupations such as those in the manufacturing, cybersecurity, and health-care industries. The Women in Apprenticeship and Nontraditional Occupations (WANTO) grant program will award up to 10 grants to community-based organizations to recruit, mentor, train, and retain more women in quality Registered Apprenticeship programs and nontraditional occupations. Apply by June 4, 2021.
- Bank of America Institute for Women’s Entrepreneurship at Cornell The Bank of America Supplier Diversity & Responsible Sourcing Team proudly extends the opportunity to participate in an online course for women entrepreneurs as part of the Bank of America Institute for Women’s Entrepreneurship at Cornell. This certificate program will provide participants no-cost access to a virtual learning experience conducted by Cornell faculty. With a limited number of slots available, participation is by invitation only. Enrollment begins in May. Invitation to Participate – Cornell Program_2021
Small Business Administration
- Registration for the Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF) is now open at restaurants.sba.gov. If you are working with Square or Toast, you do not need to register. SBA will begin accepting applications via the application portal on Monday, May 3 at 12 p.m. EDT. The application portal will remain open to any eligible establishment until all funds are exhausted.
- In preparation, qualifying applicants should familiarize themselves with the application process in advance to ensure a smooth and efficient application. In addition to registering at the portal, follow the steps below. If you are working with Square or Toast, you do not need to register.
- Review the sample application, program guide and cross-program eligibility chart on SBA COVID-19 relief options. SBA also added screenshots of the application portal that are available here.
- Applications must be submitted in English or Spanish. SBA has documents in additional languages to help you understand eligibility requirements, fill out applications, and answer frequently asked questions. See the additional languages and materials here.
- If you were unable to attend one of the webinars held earlier this week which covered program details and a demonstration of the application portal, you can watch the recording here.
- For more information, visit sba.gov/restaurants.
- Washington Minority Companies Associations has the following projects seeking MBE/DBE/WBE participation:
- Clark Construction Group, LLC BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport Restroom Improvements – Phase 1 Project | Tuesday, May 11, 2021 2 pm
- Kiewit Infrastructure Co. WMATA Platform Rehabilitation Program Contract 4 | Monday, May 10, 2021 2 pm
- The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company The Patio at Towson Square | Thursday, April 29, 2021 12 pm
- The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company Greensboro Judy Center Project | Friday, April 30, 2021 1 pm
- And offering the following contracting opportunities:
- Baltimore City Public Schools Contracting Opportunities
- DC Water Vendor Registration Form Contracting Opportunities
- Maryland Transportation Authority Contracting Opportunities List of Procurement Officers
- Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA) Contracting Opportunities
- Port Covington Contract Opportunities
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) Contract Opportunities
- WSSC Water WSSC’s Supplier Portal System www.wsscwater.com/contracts
- Learn about contracting opportunities with Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority (MWAA)
Tools You Can Use
- There are some basic steps you can take to make meetings, webinars, conferences, and other events more easily accessible to all participants. In our latest article, we’ve outlined some best practices: Accessible Virtual Meetings and Events. (by Vigdis Eriksen, Eriksen Translations Inc.)