Apply Now for the next Cohort of WeThrive!
Applications are now open for WeTHRIVE Summer 2021 cohort, kicking off in July. WeTHRIVE 2021 will take place virtually from Tuesday, July 27, 2021 through Thursday, September 23, 2021. Accepted participants will be assigned one of three course tracks based on a personal and business assessment completed in their application. Applications are open now through Monday, July 12. Apply today! Learn more>>
Applications are Open for the 2021 50 Fastest Growing Women-Owned/Led Companies 2021 marks the 14th anniversary of the Women Presidents’ Organization 50 Fastest Growing Women-Owned/Led Companies™ Sponsored by JPMorgan Chase Commercial Banking. For fourteen years this ranking has recognized women-owned and/or led companies for their incredible achievements and business growth. Winners are awarded at a keynote session during the WPO annual conference in October, 2021. The 50 Fastest are often publicized in local/national media. Applicants are not required to be members and will be ranked according to revenue growth from 2016 to 2020. To be eligible companies must be:
- Privately owned
- Generated at least $500,00 (USD) in 2016 revenue (and every subsequent year)
- Revenues must be converted to USD
The Imaginal Scale-up Program for founders of Women-Led Product and Technology Companies looking to accelerate their growth, scale, and impact is open and ready to accept applications. This new and innovative digital program, created by Imaginal Ventures, combined with a fully immersive platform and a bespoke online Eco-Space, will support the scaling of businesses, using evidenced based techniques that teach conscious decision-making and the building of a solid foundation to accelerate growth and impact. This Program will give participants an evolving dynamic process to build their strategies and structures as they scale. Applications need to be submitted by 16th July 2021 ready to start in August!
- Click the link to the website: https://imaginalventures.com/scale-up-program
- Check the application criteria and see if you’re a fit!
- Complete the 5-minute application found at the bottom of the page.
The Women’s Business Development Center is inviting you to join, at no charge, hundreds of Illinois childcare entrepreneurs and leaders from the public and private sector on Saturday, June 26th from 9:00 to 12:30 at our annual Childcare Summit, being held virtually. This year’s event will be a deep dive into what’s important in this industry now – and what the future could look like.
If you attend, you’ll gain significant information and inspiration from our keynote speaker, Dr. Jamilah Jor’dan, and three robust panels; three hours of professional credit; and reconnect with your colleagues in Townhall breakout rooms. Here is just one comment from the hundreds of childcare entrepreneurs who attended last year’s Summit. “It was the shot in the arm I needed–I got concrete ideas and implemented them right away in my business.”
As we all know, the problems beleaguering the childcare industry have been exacerbated by the pandemic and this is a critical time in childcare history. Here’s a headline from a recent article in the Chicago Tribune: “Child care supply was in a crisis before the pandemic. Can the supply meet the new demand as parents return to work?” Tina Tchen, a Chicago native and key player in the Obama administration, is now heading the new Care Economy Business Council as part of her work as the CEO of Time’s Up. Click here to learn more. Tina and the Council are rallying corporate America to contribute childcare payments as part of salaries and to step up to assist in the childcare business ecosystem. Since you are on the childcare frontline, we hope that you won’t miss this year’s Summit where you can hear the latest and share your insights!
Small Business Administration
- Join the SBA on June 24 at 1:00 p.m. EDT for an online panel discussion with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender-owned small businesses as they share their small business stories and how they utilized SBA’s economic aid to pivot during the pandemic. You will also learn about the SBA resources available to help entrepreneurs compete in the marketplace: launch or expand businesses; receive counseling; funding opportunities; and help to recover or rebuild from disasters. REGISTER.
- SBA and Public Private Strategies Institute are hosting several webinars from June to August to help you get your business back on track. Join us for our next webinar on June 24, 2021 at 2:00 p.m. EDT to:
- Hear about what steps you can take now to learn and take advantage of new and existing programs that are available at the SBA
- Get an update regarding programs and recent policy announcements made by the Biden-Harris Administration
- Have your questions answered by SBA Leadership and small business experts
- Learn how you can become a vaccine leader in your community
- Discover tools and resources you can use to take your business digital
The webinars in this series are open to any small business owner and leader. They are divided geographically by SBA regions and feature guest speakers from the corresponding areas. However, the majority of the information pertains to a national audience, so you may register for a webinar outside your location. Register
- SBA is currently accepting applications for the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant. To submit an application, visit sba.gov/svogrant.
- 2021 A2S Business National Virtual Conference. Strengthening Small Businesses: From Access to Opoortunity. June 29 & 30, 2021.
What will you find at this free, small business conference?
- A completely virtual, simulated conference accessed from the comfort of your home or office.
- A fun, high-energy, and collaborative environment.
- Business-critical keynote presentations from incredible speakers to drive immediate action and business growth.
- Virtual webinars, panel discussions and workshops delivered by government and industry experts.
- An opportunity to meet one on one with HHS representatives, prime contractors and financial institutions in the virtual exhibit hall.
- eMatchmaking opportunities with federal government and commercial organizations looking for your capabilities.
Free media and reference materials in your virtual swag-bag to accelerate your access to success!
Powering Rural. Creating a Stronger Economic Environment for Rural America. The SBA, CT DoAg, DECD, FSA, SBDC and USDA, will partner on June 30th at 3pm for a panel discussion to guide local growers and producers on direct funding opportunities and a wide network of additional support services for community and economic development. Connecticut cohorts at the U.S. Small Business Administration, CT Dept of Agriculture, CT Department of Economic Development, CT Small Business Development Center, Farm Service Agency and U.S. Department of Agriculture, will present on opportunities to assist stakeholders and small businesses to improve access to capital and rebuild rural communities. REGISTER