We all know all this information is still unfolding daily so we urge you to review other resources so you can make the most informed decisions for your situation.
- Wednesday April 21 | 2:00 pm LEVEL UP! Get in the Million Dollar Mindset hosted by the Minority Business Development Agency. Learn how to leverage resources, tools, and identify strategic partners in your community to scale your business. Get to know key organizations, certifications, programs, grants, and access to funding available to help you take your business to the next level of growth and success! This event has limited virtual seating. Reserve your spot TODAY!
- On Wednesday, March 24th the Enterprising Women of Color Business Center-Hawaii, the Hawaii Small Business Development Center and others hosted the first seminar of the Hawaii Women in Business series. The event drew registrants from the islands of Hawaii to the West and East Coast of the U.S. mainland. To review the event recap and sign up for updates, visit: https://bit.ly/2Q1X4qw.
- The U.S. Department of Labor announced today that, beginning April 12, it will open a two-week national online dialogue to gather ideas for ensuring equity in employment policies and programs for people with disabilities from historically underserved communities. Those seeking to participate should register at RacialEquity.ideascale.com.
- Minority Business Development Agency is not accepting proposals for the
- MBDA Export Center project. For submission details, visit: https://www.mbda.gov/mbda-export-center-project. Submission deadline is April 22, 2021.
- MBDA Federal Procurement Center Project. For submission details, visit: https://www.mbda.gov/mbda-federal-procurement-center-project. Submission deadline is April 17, 2021.
Small Business Administration
- SBA has raised the loan limit for COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loans to up to 24 months of economic injury with a maximum loan amount of $500,000. Borrowers were sent an email about the new loan limit. Some borrowers are experiencing a technical issue when clicking on the email address to request a COVID-19 EIDL increase. When submitting the request, make sure to remove any additional characters that may appear in front of the email address so that your request can be delivered. For questions about your application, please contact the Customer Service Center at 1-800-659-2955 (1-800-877-8339 for those with disabilities) or email email@example.com.
- The Shuttered Venue Operators Grant application portal remains temporarily suspended through the weekend of April 9 while we work to resolve technical issues. We can confirm we did not accept any applications or distribute any funding. When a reopening date is determined, we’ll provide updates in advance so that applicants have time to prepare. For more information about the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant program, visit sba.gov/svogrant.
- April is Financial Literacy Month. The Office of the NYS Comptroller offers resources and links to give New Yorkers easy access to vital assistance and information to help them make informed money management decisions. Visit their website to get started.
- Washington Minority Companies Association upcoming events:
- Thursday, April 22 | 10am – 11:30am Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA) MWAA’s Local Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (LDBE) Certification Workshop
- Thursday, May 13, 2021 | 9am – 10am Md. Washington Minority Companies Association (MWMCA) 18th Annual Spring Breakfast Salute to COVID-19 Heroes/ Business Matchmaking Meetings
- Friday, May 14, 2021 | 9am – 11am Md. Washington Minority Companies Association (MWMCA) 18th Annual Spring Breakfast Salute to COVID-19 Heroes/ Business Matchmaking Meetings
- The U.S. Small Business Administration’s Baltimore District Office 8(a) Business Development Program Information Session – Upcoming Dates
- Washington Minority Companies Association upcoming Contracting Opportunities:
- Baltimore City Public Schools Contracting Opportunities
- DC Water Vendor Registration Form – Contracting Opportunities
- Maryland Transportation Authority Contracting Opportunities – List of Procurement Officers
- Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA) Contracting Opportunities
- Port Covington Contract Opportunities
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) Contract Opportunities
- WSSC Water WSSC’s Supplier Portal System – www.wsscwater.com/contracts
- Projects Seeking MBE/DBE/WBE Participation
- Wednesday, April 14 | 2 pm American Contracting & Environmental Services, Inc. Repair and Rehabilitation of Various Process Assets for the District of Columbia Water and Sewer Authority
- Tuesday, April 27 | 2 pm Clark Construction Group, LLC BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport Restroom Improvements – Phase 1 Project
- Tuesday, April 6 | 2 pm Gilbane Building Company Towson University College of Health Professions
- Thursday, April 8 | 1 pm HESS Construction PGCPS’ New Glenridge Middle School
From Partner Organizations
WBEC South, Enterprising Women of Color and Apple are proud to provide the opportunity to apply for the Apple Impact Accelerator Program! Applications are now open for Black-, Hispanic/Latinx- and Indigenous (Native American)- owned businesses that provide environmental solutions and services in the following categories:
- Climate Change: energy efficiency; renewable energy; direct emissions abatement; carbon removal
- Resources and Renewable Materials: automation; recycling innovation; water stewardship; zero waste
- Smarter Chemistry: product chemistry; protecting people/environment through green chemistry
Applications Due Friday April 30 11:59pm (PST)
- Tuesday April 13 | 6:00pm – 7:00pm Key Contract Provisions to Manage Supplier Relationships and Outcomes hosted by ISM-NCA. Key Contract Provisions to Manage Supplier Relationships and Outcomes provides an in-depth assessment of key contract provisions that the astute buyer should address in strategic contracts to help manage the supplier relationship and the supplier’s performance during the term of the contract. An explanation of several essential contract terms will be provided, their application, benefits, and how the terms play a key role in helping to shape and ultimately determine a positive outcome. The session will also focus on the unique attributes of Development Projects, how to manage them, and the rights that a buyer should establish in the contract in the event of the seller’s default.