We all know all this information is still unfolding daily so we urge you to review other resources so you can make the most informed decisions for your situation.
FINAL WEEK TO REGISTER!
Join us for the Annual Awards to Celebrate Our Partners on May 4, 2021.
Hear from WBEC Metro NY & Greater DMV Corporate Members who will provide a look into how they provide content, community and connection opportunities to the WBEC NY DMV network. Network with Corporate representatives and other WBEs to build community and connections. Join conversations to hear from Corporate thought leaders, gain insights moving the ecosystem from 2020 into 2021 and beyond, collaborate with your peers and build your network. Corporations hosting networking sessions include:
AARP – Accenture – Altria Group – Bank of America – Capital One – Dominion Energy – EY – Freddie Mac – Guggenheim Partners – HSBC – JPMorgan Chase & Co. – Marriott – New York Life – Sodexo – ViacomCBS – WSSC Water
- Applications Open for WBENC Executive Education Program Apply for the program happening April 29 – May 27. In this highly interactive, virtual program, WBENC partners with EOS Worldwide (the Entrepreneurial Operating System®) Professional and Certified EOS Implementers® to help WBEs achieve TRACTION in your business through self-implementing the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) described in the book Traction: Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman. The EOS is a set of simple, practical, real-world tools that help entrepreneurs and leadership teams improve the operational value of their businesses. Learn More & Apply.
- Register for the Women of Color Banking on Relationships Webinar on April 27! WBENC and JPMorgan Chase & Co. are pleased to invite you to attend “Banking on Relationships: Strengthen Your Business by Building a Solid Relationship with Your Bank”, a Women of Color session. While this session is targeted to women of color, all are welcome to attend. Join WBENC and JPMorgan Chase & Co. on April 27 from 1-2 PM ET to learn the secrets of developing and maintaining a lasting relationship with your bank. Learn More and Apply.
- Do you have a retail-ready product? Walmart invites you to apply for their Open Call. Apply by April 30. Open Call is an action packed one day virtual event. Walmart welcomes suppliers to virtually pitch product that is shelf ready and made, grown or assembled in the United States. Everyone looks forward to joining over 1,000 energetic entrepreneurs from across the country. The inspiration through newness and innovation is outstanding and leaves everyone motivated to grow U.S. jobs and increase U.S. manufacturing. Learn More and Apply.
- COMING SOON: WBENCPitch Applications opening April 26. WBENCPitch: Sustainability is a multi-round virtual pitch competition designed to highlight the most innovative business solutions committed to sustainability across the WBENC network. Learn More
- The Women’s Business Council South has launched its Virtual Mother’s Day Market 2021. Shop women-owned businesses from April 19 – May 2, 2021. The Women’s Business Council – Southwest helps women business owners grow personally and professionally.
- President Biden announced a new paid leave tax credit that will offset the cost for employers with fewer than 500 employees to provide full pay for any time their employees need to get a COVID-19 vaccination or recover from that vaccination. This tax credit will apply to nearly half of all private sector employees in America. And today, the Internal Revenue Service will release and post a fact sheet to educate employers on how to claim the paid sick leave credit on their quarterly tax filings. For more details on how the paid leave tax credits from the American Rescue Plan will work for employers to enable employees to get vaccinated and recover from after-effects of vaccination, as well as for other purposes, please consult this upcoming document from the Department of the Treasury.
- How the American Jobs Plan will help cities Secretary of Labor Marty Walsh and Department of Transportation Deputy Secretary Polly Trottenberg joined the National League of Cities and mayors from across the country for a virtual discussion on how the American Jobs Plan will support local economies by investing in workforce development and training programs. Read about the American Jobs Plan.
Small Business Administration
- Join the U.S. Small Business Administration and the Public Private Strategies Institute for a national briefing on Wednesday, April 28 at 1 p.m. ET about the new $28.6 billion Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF). This briefing is cosponsored by the SBA and PPSI. To learn more about the RRF program and application, visit sba.gov/restaurants. Register Today!
- In response to stakeholder feedback about reopening the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant application this weekend, the application portal will now reopen Monday, April 26, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. EDT. In preparation for the opening, potential applicants should register on the portal in advance. Applicants will also need a smartphone and a multi-factor authenticator app to register and apply. The SBA has also added the following updated resources.
- Applicant user guide and FAQ: For help with the application process, refer to the applicant user guide and FAQ.
- Checklist: Use the checklist to make sure you have everything you need to complete your application.
- Call Center: For Shuttered Venue Operators Grant application portal technical assistance such as a password reset, browser suggestions, or how to use the multi-factor authentication with an app and the QR code, applicants can call 1-800-659-2955 or, for the deaf and hard-of-hearing 1-800-877-8339 and follow the prompts to SVOG assistance. The call center is open through the weekend from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. EDT. For additional information and to review applicant resources, visit www.sba.gov/svogrant.
- In case you missed it! Last week, the SBA announced key details on application requirements, eligibility, and a program guide for the Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF). The SBA also announced a new initiative that will allow restaurants and other related businesses to apply for the RRF through point-of-sale service providers such as Clover ®, NCR Corporation, Square, and Toast.
- The SBA launched a new round of Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) assistance – called Supplemental Targeted Advances – on April 22, 2021 that will provide $5 billion in additional assistance to 1 million small businesses and nonprofit organizations that have been most severely affected by the economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. Effective April 22, the SBA modified the Targeted EIDL Advance application process to determine if businesses also qualify for the additional $5,000 Supplemental Targeted Advance. SBA will contact eligible business entities to apply and applications will be processed on a first–come, first–served basis. To qualify for the Supplemental Targeted Advance, an eligible business entity must be in a low-income community, suffered greater than 50 percent economic loss, and have 10 or fewer employees. Learn more
- April 29 | 10:00am PT The Future of Collaboration: Top Ways to Amp Up Team Collaboration and Inclusion with Hybrid Work and Remote Team Members. Let’s take a moment to look past our eventual return to the office and consider what happens next. How will your teams, partners and collaborators make use of these new shared spaces and tools – both in the office and at home? Please join us on a deep dive into the latest updates from DTEN and Zoom that ensure a productive, safe and efficient return to the office.
- April 29 | 1:00pm ET How the SBA and USCA Can Help Your Business Now. UPS has invited members of the SBA—along with the U.S. Commercial Service (USCS)—back to talk about their latest programs. Join them as they discuss Cash flow tools and updated resources available through the American Rescue Plan; Programs that can help your business grow through exporting and How UPS can help you connect and take advantage of these opportunities.