We all know all this information is still unfolding daily so we urge you to review other resources so you can make the most informed decisions for your situation.
- What makes your business unstoppable? Tell UPS for an opportunity to compete in The UPS Store® Virtual Small Biz Challenge. You could win up to $25,000, a feature article in Inc. magazine and a video shoot to showcase your business on Inc. and The UPS Store social channels.
- Women Impacting Public Policy (WIPP) honors their 2021 Legacy Circle Inductees. As Women Impacting Public Policy celebrates its’ 20th Anniversary and Women’s History Month, there is no better time to launch the WIPP Legacy Circle and recognize past leaders who have worked tirelessly towards WIPPs success. The WIPP Legacy Circle was developed to honor the amazing women who have held leadership roles in the organization and who through significant contributions, such as time and expertise have impacted the lives of women business owners across the country. The inductees have demonstrated a strong commitment to women’s business development, influencing policy, strengthening communities, and growing the economy.
- On April 20-23, 2021, Walmart will host its first Virtual Stakeholders Summit to encourage continued dialogue between Walmart and leaders representing diverse communities and interest groups across the country. The focus of this summit will be Walmart’s commitment to racial equity. We would like to share with you our journey thus far. We will start with we learned through the Racial Equity Institute and how this led us to do a deep dive into the systems that have created disparity in this country. And we will meet with the leaders who are helping Walmart drive change in these systems, particularly in Criminal Justice, Education, Healthcare, and Finance. Lastly, it will be an opportunity to share your thoughts with us.
- The application process for Walmart’s eighth annual Open Call for products made, grown or assembled in the United States is open now through April 30. We invite entrepreneurs dreaming of landing their products on Walmart shelves and online to apply for the opportunity to meet with Walmart merchants on June 30, 2021, via virtual pitch meetings. In addition to one-on-one pitch meetings with Walmart merchants on June 30, participants will have an opportunity to hear directly from Walmart executives at the hour-long kickoff of the event. Smaller breakout sessions will be available throughout the day where prospective suppliers can learn more on valuable topics and about resources available to them.
Small Business Administration
- In case you missed it! On March 30, President Joe Biden signed the PPP Extension Act of 2021 into law, extending the Paycheck Protection Program an additional two months to May 31, 2021, and then providing an additional 30-day period for the SBA to process applications that are still pending. Learn more>> The new guidance released includes:
- Shuttered Venue Operations Grant Did you miss the national Shuttered Venue Operators Grant informational webinar on March 30 highlighting the application process for potential eligible entities? The webinar was recorded and you can view it here. For more information about the Shuttered Venue Operations Grant visit www.sba.gov/svogrant.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration is increasing the maximum amount small businesses and non-profit organizations can borrow through its COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) program. Starting the week of April 6, 2021, the SBA is raising the loan limit for the COVID-19 EIDL program from 6-months of economic injury with a maximum loan amount of $150,000 to up to 24-months of economic injury with a maximum loan amount of $500,000. Learn More>>
- Upcoming SBA Webinars
- Thurs. April 8, 2021 at 11am (SBA and Queens Chamber of Commerce) Grants Opportunities, Resources and Assistance for non-profit and for-profit organizations
- Mon. April 12, 2021 at 2:00pm (SBA and Manhattan Chamber of Commerce) Starting a Business at 50+ https://app.livestorm.co/p/5ea235f7-43f5-4c3f-9bc4-88a9c2117e3f
- Thurs. April 15, 2021 at 9:30am (SBA and York College SBDC) How to Start a Business https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEpf-Gqrz8iGNcnqwtQ2-nJaNYRoeqsto_f
- Wed. April 21, 2021 at 11:00am (SBA and Queens Chamber of Commerce) Neuro-Marketing that You Need to Know https://queenschamber.glueup.com/event/neuro-marketing-31083/
- Thurs. April 22, 2021 at 9:30am (SBA and LaGuardia Community College SBDC) Business Plan Writing https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZErcuihrz4oGdYzVPciSR4aRcZ1gLpGM5Va
- Thurs. April 22, 2021 at 4pm (SBA and LaGuardia Community College SBDC and Outreach Center at Queens College) The Science of Stress Reduction https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcqc-6vqj4sHtXV1WqalaNXzmZ0surtpc3e
- The Maryland Washington Minority Companies Association is hosting Matchmakers for All Prime Companies and Government Agencies May 14, 2021. Register Now before spots fill up.
- Other upcoming events:
- F.H. Paschen Meet the F.H. Paschen Team Thursday, March 25, 2021 3pm – 4pm
- Hensel Phelps 2021 Technical Assistance Program Series Thursday, March 25, 2021 3pm – 4pm
- Johns Hopkins University, Johns Hopkins Health System, HpokinsLocal, and Mayor’s Office of Small, Minority and Women Business Entrepreneurship Matters: Zoom Webinar Thursday, March 25, 2021 1pm – 2pm
- Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA) MWAA’s Local Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (LDBE) Certification Workshop Thursday, April 22, 202110am – 11:30am
- Md. Washington Minority Companies Association (MWMCA) 18th Annual Spring Breakfast Salute to COVID-19 Heroes/ Business Matchmaking Meetings Thursday, May 13, 2021
- 9am – 10am & Friday, May 14, 2021 9am – 11am
- The U.S. Small Business Administration’s Baltimore District Office 8(a) Business Development Program Information Session
- The Minority Business Development Agency has three grant competitions remaining. Visit https://www.mbda.gov/mbda-2021-grant-competitions for project specific details.
- Thurs April 15 1:00 EDT | OPENING DOORS Eva Longoria Talks Inclusivity in Business and Beyond hosted by UPS part of the be unstoppable Webinar Series. You’ve seen Eva Longoria light up the screen as an award-winning actor. But like any entrepreneur, she wasn’t satisfied letting others make the decisions while she just played a part. In this VIP webinar, UPS CMO Kevin Warren talks with Eva about how she took control over her brand, her future, and the impact she could make on others.
- Supplier Diversity Is Key to a Strong, Inclusive Recovery Diverse businesses not only demonstrate success in times of disruption, but have the attributes needed to support our social and economic revitalization. We are pleased to see diversity and inclusion remain a strategic priority for many organizations, as we hope women- and minority-owned businesses will be a driving force in our recovery.