We all know all this information is still unfolding daily so we urge you to review other resources so you can make the most informed decisions for your situation.
- Applications are now open for Round 2 of the NextGen Pitch Intensive, a multi-faceted program in partnership with The Coca-Cola Company to support the next generation of women-owned businesses. Now is YOUR opportunity to be featured in an exclusive video showcase of one-minute pitch videos from NextGen women entrepreneurs. From August 31 through September 15, the NextGen Pitch Video Showcase will be shared widely within the WBENC network of women business owners and corporate procurement and supplier diversity professionals, gaining valuable exposure for your business. The top 40 pitches in the showcase as selected by our judges will move on to Round 3, where you will have the opportunity to pitch directly to WBENC Corporate Members and could ultimately move on to a pitch competition featuring $10,000 in grant prizes. If you are ready to promote your business, gain exposure, and pursue business opportunities with Fortune 500 companies, now is your chance. Prep your pitch and apply now! Applications due by 12 PM EST on Friday, August 28.
- Join the National Women’s Business Council (NWBC) for #webinarwednesdays on August 26 at 1:00pm ET. This month, NWBC is partnering with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) to discuss Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan Forgiveness. NWBC Council Member Rebecca Hamilton, owner and co-CEO of Badger, will facilitate a Q&A discussion with Jeff Bass from SBA’s Office of Rural Affairs. Register HERE!
Small Business Administration
- Small businesses, private non-profits and agricultural businesses impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, can still apply for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan. EIDL proceeds can be used to cover a wide array of working capital and normal operating expenses, such as continuation to health care benefits, rent, utilities and fixed debt payments. Learn more
We’re celebrating the 100th anniversary of the ratification of the 19th Amendment to our Constitution which secured the right to vote for women and marking a monumental step toward the “more perfect Union” envisioned by our Founders. This milestone in American history was the product of the tireless efforts of suffragists and other advocates for women’s rights, who steadfastly pursued their vision of a more just and equal society. At the SBA, we advocate for and support women entrepreneurs and small business owners by providing resources to start, grow, expand or recover a business. Learn more
- Business assistance and relief. Business Reopening and Recovery Center for the State of Connecticut. This is your one-stop resource to help your business prepare, rebuild, and grow during the State’s emergency Coronavirus response.
- The New Jersey Economic Development Authority (NJEDA) launched the NJ Small and Micro Business PPE Access Program for online retailers and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) wholesalers interested in becoming “Designated Vendors” in the program. Applications are now being accepted.
- Are you a municipality, county, or school board? Would you like to upgrade your facility to be more compliant with covid-19 mandates and safety precautions? What if FEMA pays for 75% of these upgrades? Then, you should have your Mayor, Deputy Mayor Freeholder, or Business Administrator join this Zoom call/presentation. Date: August 27th, 2020 at 3:00 PM
Click here to register for the webinar
Click here to submit your questions
Click here to see the flyer
- Important Information about Small Business Economic Recovery and COVID-19 Loans and Assistance New York State is working to support small businesses throughout the COVID-19 crisis, by providing up-to-date resources and information about economic recovery and COVID-19-related loans, funding and business counseling.
- COVID-19 Business Relief Resources – New York City Financial resources available to NYC businesses and nonprofits, along with business guidance, to help with COVID-19 relief and recovery.
- Downtown Download A Covid Resources & Recovery Webinar hosted by Shelonda Stokes, President and CEO of Downtown Partnership of Baltimore & Councilman Eric Costello Tuesday, August 25, 2020 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Join Downtown Partnership Tuesday at 9am for a live webinar with the latest and most useful information available from Councilman Eric Costello, Downtown Partnership CEO, Shelonda Stokes, and a variety of elected officials and business leaders who are guiding us through the pandemic recovery. Guests to include Dick Cass, President of the Baltimore Ravens; Heather Darney, Vice President of Communications for the Baltimore Ravens. To register, click here
- GBC Newsmaker Speaker Series: A Win for Baltimore: The Renovation of Pimlico and Preserving the Preakness Wednesday, August 26, 2020 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Pimlico/Preakness legislation — How was it passed? What will be the ultimate outcome at Pimlico Race Course, Laurel Park and the surrounding neighborhoods? What does this mean for Baltimore? Panelists Include: Senate President Bill Ferguson; Delegate Nick Mosby; William Cole – Partner at Margrave Strategies and Sean Malone – Partner at Harris Jones & Malone. To register, click here
- Entrepreneurship Matters: Zoom Webinar hosted by Johns Hopkins University, Johns Hopkins Health System, HopkinsLocal, and Mayor’s Office of Small Minority and Women Business Thursday, August 27, 2020 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Please join us as up and coming and established entrepreneurs share their stories. Moderator: Alicia Wilson, Vice President – Office of Economic Development for the Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Health System. Entrepreneurs: Chris Wilson, Artist &Activist and Alma Roberts, Artist and Healthcare Executive. To view flier, click here
Zoom Webinar: https://jh.zoom.us/join
Zoom Webinar ID: 960 1547 9932
Partner Organization Offerings
- September 29 – October 1 | WIPP Virtual Symposium on Cyber Resiliency. WIPP’s two half-day programs are tailored for women business owners, featuring technology experts and speakers from government agencies and corporate partners who specialize in cybersecurity. These experts will provide real-time prevention information to better position us to defend our companies against cyber attacks in our ever-changing world. Early Bird Pricing *until September 17
- WIPP Member: $99
- Non-Member: $150
Purchase your registration and apply for matchmaking by September 17 to be eligible.
- Strategy and Management Services, Inc. (SAMS) is excited to announce that we’re now a provider of an innovative line of plug-and-play IoT/monitoring solutions powered by Microsoft. You can deploy prepackaged or customized solutions without the typical long drawn out procurement or development process. These solutions can automate a large number of tasks from people counting and occupancy management at retail and campus locations, to campus contact tracing to improve efforts to limit the spread of Covid-19, to the monitoring of water, temperature, equipment, and air quality or levels. Check out our website and Product Brochure for more information and examples. SAMS is offering special incentives for those who sign up in August and September. So contact us today to learn more. We would love to hear from you!
Tools You Can Use
- [Blog] How to nail the virtual onboarding process Virtual onboarding doesn’t need to be a scary unknown. As you fill open positions within your organization, here are some ways to make new hires feel welcome—even while remote. Read the blog.
- [Video] Dave Zenk interview | Dream Teams Dave Zenk, Executive Director of Metroparks Toledo, shares how business leaders can use mission and vision statements to promote agility and innovation within their organizations. Watch the interview.
- [Course] How to build high-performing teams Great teams start with great employees. Learn how to use behavioral data to better understand your people. That way, you can build teams that play to everyone’s natural strengths. Take the course.
- [Blog] Recruiters: Hire not just for diversity, but also inclusion Workplace equality can only be achieved when everyone feels welcomed, valued, and heard. For recruiters, this starts with an inclusive interview and hiring process. Read the blog.
- [Podcast] Creating a sales environment that motivates Predictive Index’s Drew Fortin and Alyssa Dver of the American Confidence Institute help a caller who wishes to motivate her sales team while holding them accountable. Learn how you can take the lessons here and apply them to your own team. Listen to the podcast.
- [Blog] How to maintain company culture when working remote If your people are used to working in an office, acclimating to remote work can be especially difficult. Here are some ways to maintain a sense of culture and belonging—even from home. Read the blog.
- [Virtual event] Talent optimization roundtables Join an upcoming roundtable to discuss various talent- and work-related topics. Learn how to inspire your workforce remotely, improve your virtual onboarding, plan office reopenings, and more. Reserve your seat.