We all know all this information is still unfolding daily so we urge you to review other resources so you can make the most informed decisions for your situation.
- Merck’s Economic Inclusion and Supplier Diversity Virtual Educational Experience 2021, featuring Winning the Business Webinar has begun. You don’t want to miss out on this valuable content. Login below to access your experience.
- Registration NOW OPEN for the next Enterprising Women of Color Virtual event! Charting Business Growth in the New Normal. REGISTER!
- Take the NAWBO & Gusto Winter 2021 Survey Today. The best policy is driven by the best data. If we want to elicit change and convince lawmakers to help women business owners, we need to explain how we are doing and what we need. It will take less than 10 minutes and will be invaluable in our efforts with policymakers!
Small Business Administration
- The SBA is taking steps to improve the First Draw Paycheck Protection Program loan review so that small businesses have as much time as possible to access much needed PPP funds. The Biden-Harris Administration is focused on ensuring small businesses receive the support they need to keep their doors open and continue to employ millions of Americans across the country. Learn More.
- SBA to Provide One Year 8(a) Program Extension to Participants Due to COVID-19. The U.S. Small Business Administration published an interim final rule effective January 13, 2021 allowing 8(a) Program participants to elect a one-year program extension in the SBA’s 8(a) Business Development Program due to the challenges of COVID-19. Eligible 8(a) firms must meet the following qualifications:
- Any firm that participated in the 8(a) Program between March 13, 2020, and September 9, 2020, has the option to extend its program participation for one year from the end of its program term;
- Firms that were terminated, early graduated, or voluntarily withdrew from the 8(a) Program during this period are not eligible for the extension; and
- Firms admitted to the 8(a) Program on or after September 10, 2020, are not eligible for the extension.
- Shuttered Venue Operators Grant Program. Looking for more information about the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant Program? On January 28, 2021, the SBA added a new frequently asked questions which includes information about eligibility, application, use of funds and more. Learn More.
- Did you know that businesses impacted by the pandemic may be eligible for federal tax credits and other relief? Get up-to-date information on COVID-19 tax and filing requirements and benefits. Learn More.
- Thursday February 11 | 12:30pm – 2:00pm Personal Cybersecurity: Prevention, Awareness, and Career Pathways hosted by the NYC Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and the New York Institute of Technology. Given the growing number of security breaches and recent cybersecurity attacks, it is now more important than ever to learn how to secure your personal devices. In this webinar, presenters will discuss personal cybersecurity, as well as careers in this field. Join us for an animated conversation with experts in the field.
- NYC Restaurant Week To Go has been extended through February 28, 2021. Registration is still open for restaurants who are interested in participating. The deadline for registration is Tuesday, February 2 at 5pm. Please click here for more details and to sign up. Diners may search for participating restaurants by visiting nycgo.com/restaurantweek.
- Maryland Washington Minority Companies Association Contracting Opportunities:
- Baltimore City Public Schools Contracting Opportunities
- DC Water Vendor Registration Form Contracting Opportunities
- Maryland Transportation Authority Contracting Opportunities List of Procurement Officers
- Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA) Contracting Opportunities
- Port Covington Contract Opportunities
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) Procurement Opportunities
- WSSC Water WSSC’s Supplier Portal System www.wsscwater.com/contracts
- Maryland Washington Minority Companies Association Project Seeking MBE/DBE/WBE Participation:
- Clark Construction Group, LLC Bid Due Friday February 5, 2021 5pm Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority Tunnel Ventilation Pilot Program Design Build Services
- BGE Energizing Small Business Grants Program On January 20, BGE will launch its Energizing Small Business Grants Program as part of its $15 million pledge to assist small businesses with COVID-19 relief and recovery. This is a component of BGE’s comprehensive Customer Relief and Energy Infrastructure Investment Plan, designed to help the state’s economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. Through the BGE Energizing Small Business Grants Program, eligible businesses located in BGE’s service area will have three opportunities to apply for grants of up to $20,000:
- Round 1: January 20 – March 3, 2021
- Round 2: May 5 – June 16, 2021
- Round 3: September 1 – October 13, 2021
- To be eligible, a business must have between two and 25 employees, less than $7 million in annual revenue, a demonstrated need for support, a strong plan for moving forward, and be in good standing with the state of Maryland. For more information contact Allyson Black, Manager, State Affairs and Economic Development, BGE Allyson.Black@bge.com 410.269.5286
- Best Practices in Communications in 2021. A six-week series kicks off on Wednesday February 3 at 1:00pm CT. Ever wish you could read journalists’ minds? Are you making the best use of social media? Does ‘proving your ROI’ feel like an impossible task? If you’ve ever had these questions, this webinar series is for you. Reflect, reset and revisit some industry best practices that will keep you thriving. Let this be the year of more proactive and less reactive.
- NAWBO’s Virtual Leadership Academy Thursday February 4 – Friday February 5. NAWBO’s Leadership Academy will advance your leadership through a general session as well as two tracks of programming: one with tools and resources for chapter leaders and another with professional and personal leadership skills training for all women business owners. Register before the end of the year to save! The cost is $75 for member/$100 for non-members. Click here to see the agenda one-sheet! Click here to register now!