We all know all this information is still unfolding daily so we urge you to review other resources so you can make the most informed decisions for your situation.
- You can apply for a PPP loan through Chase. Congress has approved additional funding for the SBA’s Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), which is designed to support businesses affected by COVID-19. If you’re interested in applying for a PPP loan, you can do it through Chase if you have an active Chase business checking account. If you don’t already have one, find out how to open an account and learn more at chase.com/ppp. JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. Member FDIC. Equal Opportunity Lender. © 2021 JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Introducing the NAWBO Established and Ready to Grow Entrepreneurship Program sponsored by AARP offering scholarships for 40 Women Business Owners of Color, Aged 45+. This program is ailed to engage these women business owners who are in the early stages of business ownership and seeks to propel them to the next level of their business journey.
- Real Estate Women’s Forum Online Conference. Hear from BlackRock, Carlyle, Goldman Sachs, CIT Bank, Duval & Stachenfeld and Marcus & Millichap Capital Corporation as they discuss emerging trends in real estate equity investment and debt finance activity. Register today for the early bird rate of $49 (regular price $99) Use promo code: GREENPEARL49
- There is still time to apply for the 2021 Inc. Best Workplaces awards. But don’t wait—take the first step to being nominated as an Inc. Best Workplace and submit your application today. Nominate your company and receive visibility and media exposure; invaluable insights; national recognition and greater productivity. APPLY NOW! Final Application Deadline February 5, 2021 11:59pm PT.
- BGE Energizing Small Business Grant Program launched on January 20th. part of its $15 million pledge to assist small businesses with COVID-19 relief and recovery. This is a component of BGE’s comprehensive Customer Relief and Energy Infrastructure Investment Plan, designed to help the state’s economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. Through the BGE Energizing Small Business Grants Program, eligible businesses located in BGE’s service area will have three opportunities to apply for grants of up to $20,000:
- Round 1: January 20 – March 3, 2021
- Round 2: May 5 – June 16, 2021
- Round 3: September 1 – October 13, 2021
To be eligible, a business must have between two and 25 employees, less than $7 million in annual revenue, a demonstrated need for support, a strong plan for moving forward, and be in good standing with the state of Maryland. For more information contact Allyson Black, Manager, State Affairs and Economic Development, BGE Allyson.Black@bge.com 410.269.5286
- 2021 Port of Virginia Virtual SWaM Event. Meet the port’s procurement and purchasing teams … upcoming projects and what goods and services are being bought by the POV.
SWAM/DBE OVERVIEW (Presented by Angela Barber and Nina Britton, SBSD)
Learn about SWaM/DBE certifications and their benefits … what does it mean to be certified and how to access opportunity.
ESTABLISHING RELATIONSHIPS WITH PRIME CONTRACTORS (moderated panel discussion)
Meet our prime construction contractors and what you need to ready for the job.
- Wednesday January 27 | 12:00p – 1:00pm I Am Not Okay. Are you tired of saying “I’m Okay” when you are actually not okay? Join the National Women’s Collaborative for a panel of experts in a safe virtual space to have open and honest dialogue about your mental health. This is the first of a two part series on wellness hosted by NWC. Part two will focus on body positivity.
- Thursday January 28 | 2:00pm – 3:00pm New COVID-19 Relief and the Impact on Businesses hosted by CohnReznick’s National Tax Team along with members of our SBA Task Force as we dive into the details and host a Q&A session on the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 and its impact on businesses.
- Thursday February 4 | 12:00pm – 1:00pm The State of Women’s Participation and Empowerment: New Challenges to Gender Equality hosted by Women & Public Policy Pogram In this seminar, Pippa Norris, Paul F. McGuire Lecturer in Comparative Politics, takes stock of the state of women’s participation and empowerment in public life since the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action in 1995.
- Wednesday January 27th | 1:00pm – 2:00pm. Being a Leader & The Effective Exercise of Leadership webinar by Mark Kamin & Associates.
Partner Organization Offerings
- Greater Women’s Business Council (GWBC) launches the new season of Morning with GWBC Mondays at 10:00am. Register Now for
Monday February 8th with Guest Cherelle Cortez, East Regional Supplier Diversity & Inclusion Manager, JE Dunn Construction.
Monday February 22nd with Guest, Kaddra Greene, Program Manager of Supplier Diversity, Atrium Health.
Tools You Can Use
- SBN At-Home: Marketing to Corporate America in 2021. Tracey Edwards, Julia Hodge, and Jon Suber join Kelly Leonard for MyMCM’s January episode of Small Business Network at Home. Listen to the recording.
- The 2020 Racial Equity Virtual Summit. PRWeek’s first Racial Equity Virtual Summit was held on December 10, 2020 to shed light on topics stemming from the heightened focus on issues around diversity across the whole of society, including business, brands and the PR industry. This important read captures the content covered during this event. Download Now.