We all know all this information is still unfolding daily so we urge you to review other resources so you can make the most informed decisions for your situation.
- Wednesday July 22 4:00pm ET | Free CMMC Academy Virtual Event with Katie Arrington, CISO for the DoD Acquisitions Office. As cybersecurity threats increase in intensity and impact, the U.S. Department of Defense created the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) as a way to secure the defense industrial base supply chain.
The CMMC has been evolving since its initial release earlier this year, but it is about to enter an initial readiness phase – and prime defense contractors and subcontractors need to be prepared. Join the CMMC Academy for a virtual event which will focus on cybersecurity compliance for enterprise supply chains in the defense industry, including discussions regarding CMMC readiness and implementation.
Small Business Administration
- The Paycheck Protection Program resumed accepting applications July 6, 2020, at 9:00 AM EDT in response to President Trump signing the program’s extension legislation. The new deadline to apply for a Paycheck Protection Program loan is August 8, 2020. Learn more
- Small businesses are receiving much-needed economic relief thanks to two extraordinary Trump administration accomplishments: The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and the United States-Mexico-Canada-Agreement (USMCA). This week, the highly anticipated USMCA goes into effect. The trade deal will increase demand for US-made goods and services, adding to the more than 230,000 jobs currently supported by North American trade. That’s great news for farmers, manufacturing firms, and small businesses. Learn More
- Starting on July 15, 2020, the certification process for Women-Owned Small Businesses (WOSBs) and Economically Disadvantaged WOSBs (EDWOSBs) will begin to change as SBA implements Congress’ changes to the Women-Owned Small Business Federal Contracting Program (WOSB Federal Contracting Program), as put forth in the 2015 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). Join this webinar on July 21 to learn about the changes and the options available for obtaining a WOSB certification. Register today.
- The Connecticut Bar Association (CBA) is sponsoring a statewide COVID-19 Small Business Virtual Legal Clinic(the COVID-19 Clinic) along with Robinson+Cole and other area law firms. The purpose of the clinic is to help Connecticut’s entrepreneurs and small businesses that have suffered adversely from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic by providing free, limited-scope legal guidance during 45-minute telephone or video calls with a volunteer attorney. The COVID-19 Clinic is expected to run through August 2020.
More Information can be found here: https://www.ctbar.org/home/coronavirus-response/covid-19-small-business-virtual-legal-clinic/for-small-businesses
- HEDCO, Inc., The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven, the City of New Haven, and The Amour Propre Fund are collaborating to provide financial relief and recovery resources to minority-owned and women-owned small businesses (the “Program”).
Under the Program, a qualifying small business with 20 or fewer employees (1-20 employees) may apply for a four (4%) percent term loan for up to $25,000 (twenty-five thousand dollars).
This $1.5 million Program will be initially allocated to minority-owned and women-owned small businesses based in New Haven and to minority-owned and women-owned businesses located the Valley with a priority to the towns of Derby or Ansonia. The program will be administered and underwritten by HEDCO, Inc.
More information can be found here: https://www.hedcoinc.com/new-haven-loan-program
- Which businesses may reopen, and which businesses must be closed? Check this site daily for updates from the state that detail opening timelines and guidelines for your industry. Find List Here
- What are the mitigation requirements for my business to open?Check here for daily updates from the state. Read More Here
- Where can I get additional, reliable information?Check here daily for a searchable list of the most recent guidance from New Jersey. Read More Here
- Murphy adds 3 states travelers to NJ should self-quarantine, totaling 19. The Murphy administration added three more states with COVID-19 hotspots, from which travelers coming into New Jersey should self-quarantine, as the pandemic surges across the country. (NJBiz.com) Learn More Here
- What are responsibilities and benefits for employees who must self-quarantine under the State’s travel advisory? (NJ.gov) Learn more here
- J. restaurants and bars that can open up 2 walls can reopen for indoor dining, Murphy say -While New Jersey still has a sweeping ban on eateries offering indoor dining as the coronavirus continues to plague the state, bars and restaurants that can open up two of their four walls will now be allowed to serve patrons inside, Gov. Phil Murphy said Wednesday.(NJ.com) Learn More Here
- J. will now require people wear masks outside to battle coronavirus, Murphy says –
- People in New Jersey will now be required to wear masks outside in public when social distancing isn’t possible to help prevent the coronavirus from spreading, Gov. Phil Murphy said Wednesday morning. (NJ.com) Learn More Here Q&A about the mandate: Read More Here
- NYC Real Estate Expo just finished our 4-week series with Roos Advisors on Defining Moments for Your Team Presented by NYC Real Estate Expo Virtual Events, Hosted by Larendee Roos, CEO, Roos Advisors and Bruce Boucher, COO, Roos Advisors. Watch the series on YouTube.
- WEnyc know that women of color have been disproportionately hit by COVID-19. That’s why we have put together programming throughout July that focuses on how women entrepreneurs of color have pivoted crisis into opportunity. In their stories you will see resiliency, innovative solutions, and a refusal to give up. Please join them this month as we celebrate New York City’s inspiring women entrepreneurs of color! Click here to see the list of events and rsvp.
- The State Comptroller’s office is committed to keeping New Yorkers regularly updated on the state’s economy and finances. Visit their website for the latest updated on New York Employment Trends, Health and Financial Impact on New Yorkers, New York Business Conditions and Expectations and New York State’s Budget.
- A message from County Executive Marc Elrich on Reopening Montgomery.
- The Baltimore City Department of Public Works (DPW) proudly announces open enrollment for the 2020 DPW Small Business Development (SBD) Growth by Design Training program at a minimum cost this fall to participants who are interested in learning about how to do business with the City.
The SBD Growth by Design Training Program has been completed by 240 small business owners of their employees since 2016. More that 40 businesses have been MBE/WBE certified, 44 have been pre-qualified to work with the City, and more than $3 million in contracts and related services have been awarded to graduates of this program.
This signature Training Program is slated to begin September with an opening ceremony at Morgan State University. Due to COVID-19 there may be limited in-person training. The team is currently evaluating offering alternative, interactive online classes consistent with our past training course.
To view flier, click here
Please register by September 1, 2020 by clicking here
- Maryland’s Top 100 Women Virtual Event hosted by The Daily Record Monday, July 27, 2020 | 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Maryland’s Top 100 Women recognizes high-achieving Maryland women who are making an impact through their leadership, community service and mentoring. Winners are selected by past Top 100 Women and business leaders. Three-time winners are inducted into the Circle of Excellence. To register, click here
- PPP Forgiveness Application: What You Need to Know to Be Prepared (Virtual Workshop) Presented by BB&T. With the moving target that is the details on the SBA’s Payroll Protection Program, it should come as little surprise clients that were able to get it now wonder if they have to pay it back, or how much. Join us and BB&T to discuss what you need to know to be prepared.
- SWaM Info Sessions Are you a small, women-owned, or minority-owned business who wants to do business with the Commonwealth of Virginia? Small business owners who are looking to participate in Virginia’s specialized procurement and contracting opportunities are encouraged to become SWaM certified. The SWaM certification is a vehicle to promote economic growth of Virginia’s businesses.
This workshop will cover the SWaM Program and designations, certification process and new on-line application portal (live demo), required documents needed to apply, and how to use the certification to do business with the Commonwealth (intro to eVA, Virginia’s Online Procurement Portal).
- One on One Business Counseling Sessions The Hampton Roads/Eastern Shore representative with the Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity (SBSD) will be conducting one-on-one counseling sessions on how to do business with Virginia state agencies and how to access business development resources, including SWaM Certification and State financing programs. These 1 hour sessions are by appointment only.
Sessions will be conducted by Angela Barber, Business Service Manager – Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your session.
- Thursday July 16 1:00pm ET | NYC Washington Dc is hosting a webinar Women in Leadership: How Through Crisis and Uprising Women Stand Tall. The discussion will focus on the importance of women and of women of color in leadership, and what the future holds for all women leaders nationwide and globally. NYU DC Dialogues Executive Board Member, Gabriel Avalos created this dialogue, and will provide a welcome and introduction. Betsy Fischer Martin, Executive Director, Women & Politics Institute and Executive in Residence, Department of Government at American University, will moderate the webinar.
- Thursday July 16 2:00pm ET | Easy and Effortless: The Social Distancing Device That Your Venue Needs. Even as some restrictions lift, the anxiety of resuming everyday activities like returning to an office or joining large gatherings is still alive and well. So, how can you put your guests and staff at ease as things slowly start to reopen? Engage by Cell has partnered with the leading international provider of a small, wearable device that lights up or vibrates when another person comes within six feet. Join the 20-minute informative webinar as they explain the features of this innovative device. Anyone who attends gets 5% off their first purchase.
- Wednesday July 22 1:00pm ET | The National Women’s Business Council (NWBC) invites you to join #WebinarWednesday on Emerging Opportunities in Trade for Women Entrepreneurs. This month, NWBC is partnering with the United Parcel Service (UPS) for an in-depth conversation featuring Council Member Pamela Prince-Eason, President and CEO of Women’s Business Enterprise National Council; Maria Luisa Boyce, Vice President of Global Public Affairs at UPS; and Loretta Greene, Associate Administrator of the Office of International Trade (OIT) at the U.S. Small Business Administration. They will discuss emerging opportunities for women entrepreneurs in international trade. Please register HERE.
- Do Your Employees Know Why You Believe in Racial Equity? If your company is stepping up to condemn racism and reduce discrimination, don’t frame your actions as something the company “has to do.” Falsely labeling diversity efforts as charity or compulsion will only further divisions between employees. Here are some suggestions for how your team can meaningfully communicate and execute your commitment to anti-bias and dismantling racism. Overcoming Workplace Bias is SHRM’s new resource center featuring a wide range of news, guidance, sample policies and toolkits.
- Survey Results: How 126 Small Businesses Responded to Coronavirus. Now that small businesses nationwide are largely allowed to reopen in some capacity, I was frankly eager to learn how this pandemic affected them.
- Hiring the right talent – Hiring is a vital strategy you need to get right, or it could cost you. This video course will help you narrow down qualified candidates using behavioral data and hiring best practices—so you can make the right hire.
- [Blog] How to have honest DEI discussions – Meaningful action starts with thoughtful feedback. Here’s how to have candid discussions in your organization.
- [Blog] Building the house: how to instill DEI culture from the ground up – Black business leaders weigh in on how to foster a diverse and inclusive culture the right way.
- [Course] How to build a diverse workforce – In this course, you’ll learn how to identify biases that can impact your recruitment strategies. Use behavioral data and other best practices to ensure a diverse workforce.
- Navigating COVID-19 with empathy – Learn how this essential business kept supporting its customers and employees—with the help of talent optimization.