We all know all this information is still unfolding daily so we urge you to review other resources so you can make the most informed decisions for your situation.
- Walmart’s Open Call is an exciting and unique opportunity for selected entrepreneurs to meet virtually face-to-face with Walmart buyers and potentially get their product in the hands of millions of our customers. Now in its seventh year, the Open Call event provides information to potential suppliers and gives businesses of all sizes from across the nation a chance at the big break they’ve been looking for.
Walmart is calling for small businesses and U.S. manufacturers that have a shelf ready, innovative, new item at the great value that Walmart customers are looking for. Are you ready?
- July 2: Application process opens
- August 10: Application process closes
- August 28: Notification to all applicants and invited attendees=
- October 1: Open Call event
Small Business Administration
- The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is modernizing the certification management experience. You may apply for and manage your Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business certifications in our easy-to-use single system. Learn more
- Getting on the GSA Schedule: What you Need to Know! Join this webinar on July 23 to learn what a GSA Schedule is and to understand the process for getting on it. Register today
Partner Organization Offerings
- Thursday Aug 6 2:00pm ET| WIPP’s How to Develop Successful Teaming Partners part of their ChallengeHER Webinar Series. It is clear that teaming arrangements are an excellent path to federal contracts, but understanding the basics is just the beginning. Successful contractors need to understand how to develop teaming relationships. The SBA Office of Business Development presents a ChallengeHER webinar to assist women business owners in understanding the basics of all types of teaming arrangements. This webinar will also provide attendees with best practices for engaging in successful partnerships.
- The General Services Administration (GSA) is providing the upcoming webinar and education opportunities:
The Women-Owned Small Business Federal Contracting Program
- Tuesday, July 21 and Thursday, August 6 at 2 PM ET
- The SBA certification process for Women-Owned Small Businesses (WOSBs) and Economically Disadvantaged WOSBs (EDWOSBs) is changing to the Women-Owned Small Business Federal Contracting Program (WOSB Federal Contracting Program).
Getting on the GSA Schedule: What you Need to Know!
- Thursday, July 23 at 2 PM ET
- This virtual training course will outline, in plain language, what a GSA Schedule is and help you understand the process for getting on the GSA Schedule.
New Telecom Rule Impacts ALL Contracts … Are You Prepared?
- Thursday, July 30 at 2 PM ET
- Have you heard about Section 889 of the FY 2019 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA)? The legislation was passed to combat national security and intellectual property threats that face the United States and contains two prohibitions: Part A and Part B.
- The Impact of Behavioral Drives in a Remote Workplace – The Predictive Index surveyed 220 professionals to better understand how behavior impacts remote work perceptions. Check out our findings by reading the full report.
- [Video] Melissa James interview | Dream Teams – Melissa James, CEO of The Tech Connection, shares how to lead successful and sustainable DEI initiatives.
- [Blog] 4 digital transformations driven by the downturn – Despite the downturn, many industries have grown in bold new ways in response to COVID-19.
- [Blog] 3 inspiring organizational culture change examples – Addressing culture can be challenging, but here are three notable examples you can learn from.
- [Blog] Engineers: Let’s change our tech vocabulary– Here are some changes engineers can make to ensure a safer and more inclusive workplace.
- [Podcast] Managing the employee with 1,000 excuses – PI’s Drew Fortin and Alyssa Dver of the American Confidence Institute discuss how to hold employees accountable to critical feedback—while empowering them to grow.
- How to build a diverse workforce – In this course, you’ll learn how to identify biases that can impact your recruitment strategies. Use behavioral data and other best practices to promote a diverse workforce.
- Hiring the right talent – When hiring, you want people who will perform efficiently, hit their goals, and continually improve. This video course will help you narrow down candidates using behavioral data—so you can identify high performers.
- Talent Optimization Certification – This free certification course is designed to help you align your business strategy with your people strategy, make better hiring decisions, and build stronger teams. Level up your skills and explore a discipline that’s quickly becoming a superpower for those already certified.