Julie Levi, founder and Co-President of Progressive Promotions, a WBENC-Certified promotional merchandise agency, offers advice on how to build a successful exit strategy and maximize the value of your women-owned business. Read More>>
- Understanding Opportunities in the Healthcare Upstream R&D Supply Chain Join the Healthcare Industry Spotlight Series in 2021 for two educational sessions for WBEs and a WBE showcase to engage corporate buyers and prime suppliers to fill gaps in the supply chain with women-owned businesses for both Tier I and Tier II opportunities. The first session begins May 18. Learn More and Register.
- On Tuesdays in June beginning June 8, join a dynamic and collaborative series bringing together the WBENC network as we honor America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises and the WBE Stars. Expect weekly insights from industry experts and WBE Stars, interactive industry think tanks, and understanding of important trends and solutions. Registration is opening soon. Save the dates!
- June 8 | 12:00 – 4:30 pm EST
- June 15 | 12:00 – 4:30 pm EST
- June 22 | 12:00 – 4:30 pm EST
- June 29 | 12:00 – 4:30 pm EST
Small Business Administration
- May is World Trade Month and the SBA has teamed up with partnering organizations to offer webinars all month to help small business owners gain valuable insights on strategies for international sales success. All webinars begin at 2:00 p.m. EDT.
- May 12 | SBA Support for Commercializing Innovation | Register here
- May 18 | Going Global with Trade Agreements | Register here
- May 20 | Utilizing eCommerce Tools to Drive Global Sales | Register here
- May 25 | Business Beyond Borders: Commemorating World Trade Month | Register here
- May 27 | Logistics of Growing Global eCommerce | Register here
- SBA and Public Private Strategies Institute are providing several educational opportunities for you to learn more about programs that will help your business get back on track. On Tuesday, May 11 at 1:00 p.m. ET, the Office of International Trade will present a webinar on programs that could help your business grow by connecting you with international trade opportunities.
Join SBA, Public Private Strategies Institute, and other stakeholders to hear about:
- Steps you can take now to connect to the Office of International Trade
- What SBA exporting assistance programs your business may qualify for
- International trade success stories
- Webinar: How to Market Your Federal Contract | May 13 | 2:00 p.m. EDT There are many opportunities available in the federal procurement market. Developing a federal marketing and sales strategy can help you achieve success in the federal sector. Join the U.S. General Services Administration for a webinar about tips on creating a federal marketing strategy. Register
Save the date! The SBA will host an online panel discussion on May 27, 2021 with Asian American/Pacific Islander-owned small businesses as they share their small business stories and how they pivoted during the pandemic and utilized SBA’s critical financial lifelines. The SBA will also share resources available to help AAPI entrepreneurs launch new businesses, compete in the marketplace, and connect with the training and funding opportunities to help recover and rebuild. Registration will be available soon.
- $400K In Grants To Support Women-Owned Businesses In Connecticut Lt. Governor Susan Bysiewicz and Women’s Business Development Council Founder Fran Pastore announced the WBDC’s Equity Match Grant Program. Learn More>>
- Replacement of the Bronx River Parkway Bridge Over Metro-North Railroad. A Postponement Notice has been uploaded for the project and you will need to access it accordingly. Your proposals are due no later than May 19, 2021 10:30 AM . All proposals and scopes to be uploaded to smartbid and emailed to our Lead Estimator, Ryan Mliczek ( email@example.com ) and to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
- PenFed Foundation VEIP is launching a Women Veteran “GOVCON” Boot Camp Accelerator – Applications opened, Monday, May 3, 2021. Learn more at: veip.penfedfoundation.org. This program is sponsored by OptumServe, Halfaker and Associates, AstraZeneca and PenFed Credit Union.
- REGISTER NOW to meet by phone for the MD Washington Minority Companies Association Matchmaker Meetings on May 14th 9:00am – 11:00am. Registration Closes Tuesday May 11th. Top companies will discuss over $40 Billion in upcoming work. You have the opportunity to select up to 6 companies to speak with.
Tools You Can Use
- [Blog] 6 Employee engagement best practices – Engagement is an often overlooked measure of team health. Here are some tips you can use to help your people thrive.
- [E-book] How to manage remote employees by behavioral type – Learn how to motivate and coach remote employees according to their unique behavioral drives.
- [Toolkit] Remote personal development – Even while remote, keep you and your team’s growth top of mind—starting with this professional development toolkit.
- [Blog] 10 remote team-building activities to build trust – Help your people build trust and rapport by bringing a team-building activity to your next group meeting.