We all know all this information is still unfolding daily so we urge you to review other resources so you can make the most informed decisions for your situation.
- US Black Chamber, Inc. Coronavirus Economic Impact on Black Businesses in America Survey. As the Coronavirus pandemic ceases to disappear, it is imperative that we gather the relevant information needed to justify legislation that addresses the disproportionate impact on Black businesses. With race relations at the forefront of current events, the Black business community has an unprecedented opportunity for growth. Please help the chamber in their advocacy by completing this short survey which will culminate in their second and highly anticipated “State of Black Business” report. Take the survey for a chance to win a $25 Visa gift card!
Small Business Administration
- Go Global: Expand Your Market. Did you know that SBA and other agencies provide free resources to help small businesses sell to customers overseas? As more businesses use online stores and e-commerce platforms, they become well-positioned to enter the international marketplace. With the holiday season and the shopping surge associated with it, small businesses can use these resources to grow international sales.
- Friday December 11 | 10:00am. Join the Statewide Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of NJ and Wells Fargo for Restore Boot Camp a free webinar to help businesses development a “restoration” strategy through long-term access to capital planning and networking opportunities.
- New COVID Guidelines for New York State. Governor Cuomo announced that modifications have been made to the COVID Zone on Staten Island, and a new Zone has been added in Upper Manhattan. The updated map reflects these changes. See if you are in a red, orange, or yellow zone by visiting nyc.gov/covidzone. City and State officials are watching public testing data closely and we expect further restrictions in the coming weeks. Please keep this in mind when making business decisions and supply purchases. With infection rates varying from neighborhood to neighborhood, we encourage you to keep checking nyc.gov/covidzone to get updated guidance on any rules or regulations that may be in effect in your area.If you have any questions, you can always call our hotline at (888) SBS4NYC.
- Free Materials Available To Comply With Open Restaurants Winter Siting Criteria Beginning November 24, the NYC Department of Transportation (DOT) will be providing to Open Restaurants participants free sandbags, reflective tape, and snow sticks to ensure compliance with Open Restaurants Winter Siting Criteria by the December 15 deadline. These materials help protect roadway dining barriers as they face potential damage related to slippery roads, snow removal operations, and snow piles pushing against them.
- Thursday December 3 | 10:00am – 12:00pm Capital Regional Minority Supplier Development Council 2020 Annual Business Meeting: A Year in Review. Join CRMSDC as they host their Annual Business this year virtually.
Partner Organization Offerings
GWBC Perfect Pitch 2021 Competition sponsored by The Coca-Cola Company provides an opportunity for women businesses to pitch their innovative business ideas to a panel of judges who represent The Coca-Cola Company and other businesses. Winner will receive an award of $5,000. Perfect Pitch 2021 will be virtual! Perfect Pitch will consist of three (3) rounds:
- 1st Round: a 90-second video elevator pitch
- 2nd Round (Semi-Finals): a 2-minute video pitch
- 3rd Round (Finals): a 3-4-minute LIVE virtual pitch
Applicants must be one of the following:
- Current WBENC certified women business enterprise at time of submission.
- Applicants may compete with either a business idea OR business currently in operation.
- WBE must be headquartered or have an office location within Georgia, North Carolina, or South Carolina.
- One (1) applicant per WBE business may apply; the presenter should have an owner/co-owner/CEO role within the business.
- WBE is responsible for attending all required virtual sessions related to Perfect Pitch. (refer to the calendar details on page 3)
- WBEs who are selected for the semi-final round agree to a minimum of two (2) social media posts about Perfect Pitch; sample copy will be provided.
Applications and video submissions are due on Thursday, December 17th by 5PM (NO DEADLINE EXCEPTIONS!)