We all know all this information is still unfolding daily so we urge you to review other resources so you can make the most informed decisions for your situation.
- The 2020 NBIC Unity Week, which will take place from November 16 to 19, 2020. The event is a celebration of diversity, opportunity, equity, and collaboration among the leading business organizations that constitute the National Business Inclusion Consortium.
- WBENC is excited to introduce the inaugural Women Owned Gift Guide, 100+ pages of products from WBENC-Certified WBEs, a curated selection of products from women-owned brands in a virtual, magazine-style format. As we celebrate National Women’s Small Business Month and enter into holiday shopping season during a difficult economic year, we know
- 2020 Annual IWEC Foundation Virtual Conference, November 9 & 10 “Connecting Women Businesses Globally: Sustainable Growth in the New Decade”. This virtual conference will be an exciting mix of presentations, panels, networking sessions and presentations of our 2020 IWEC Awardees.
- REGULATORY ALERT: Immediate wage increases for H-1B and E-3 visa program. Receive insight into the impact of this change and other regulations included in the Interim Final Rule. The industries most impacted at high tech, manufacturing and medical.
Small Business Administration
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month. According to the National Cybersecurity Alliance, many small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) have the misconception that their data is not valuable and that, in turn, they are unlikely to be the target of a cyberattack. However, 28% of cyberattacks involve small business victims. In short, all data is valuable – and there are simple steps that small business owners can take to protect theirs. This Cybersecurity Awareness Month, we encourage you to leverage the following tips and resources to ramp up your cybersecurity safeguards.
- ChallengeHER: Women-Owned Small Business NAICS Disparity Study Webinar. Did you know that the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015 requires the U.S. Small Business Administration to produce a study every five years regarding the participation of small business concerns owned and controlled by women? The SBA is currently developing the process and methodology that will be used to conduct the 2021 study and is requesting public input and feedback. If you are a WOSB or you plan to be one, join this webinar on Wednesday, October 28 at 2:00 pm ET to engage with SBA’s Office of Advocacy, Barb Carson, SBA’s Deputy Associate Administrator, Office of Government Contracting and Business Development, and the researchers conducting the study. Now is the time to make your voice heard.
- November 2 – 6 | National Veterans Small Business Week. Each year the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) celebrates, connects, and empowers service members, veterans, National Guard and Reserve members, and military spouses during National Veterans Small Business Week (NVSBW). This year marks the seventh annual NVSBW. This year’s theme is #VetBiz Resources in Your Local Community which highlights the breadth of free to low-cost entrepreneurial resources that veteran and military entrepreneurs can access right in their neighborhood – from seeking business counseling services from a local SCORE chapter, to visiting the Veterans Business Outreach Center (VBOC) in their area for help formulating a business plan. Join SBA district offices, resource partners, and other organizations as we celebrate the veteran- and military-owned small business community.
- NAWBO Central and Northern NJ presents Virtual Networking to Support Women Business Owners through New Jersey and Beyond. October 22 4:00pm – 5:30pm | Simple Photography Tops to Boost Your Branding. Have you been using stock images for your business but they don’t match your branding? Or you spent hours to find stock images that you simply didn’t like at all? An image is a very powerful tool to use for your business because we obtain more information through visual than text. That’s why it is important to use CUSTOM brand images for your business to distinguish you from others. Learn simple photography tips to boost your branding and build your KNOW, LIKE, and TRUST factor. Charissa Yong is a branding and portrait photographer located in Westwood, New Jersey. She focuses on creating images that show connections and emotions rather than just smiling at the camera.
- Tuesday October 27 | 4:30pm – 6:30pm Hunterdon County Open for Business Showcase. Come enjoy an evening on the terrace at the Red Mill of Clinton while connecting with local businesses. Registration is required to attend this event.
- Baltimore County Public Schools (BCPS) will host their annual Meet the Primes virtually this year. The event will take place on Wednesday, October 28, 2020, from 8:30am – 11:00am. This virtual meet and greet will consist of the following:
- Virtual Training and Presentation Sessions via TEAMS. – Links to the virtual training and presentation sessions will be emailed to registered attendees close to the event date.
- One-to-One Introduction Meetings – A chance for you to speak on the phone with a representative from a prime company or government agency that would like to identify small businesses for their current and upcoming projects.
- Thursday October 29 | 12:00pm – 1:00pm webinar featuring Tina Williams, OFCCP Policy Director hosted by DISABILITY:IN. Tina Williams, Policy Director, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), U.S. Department of Labor, will present on Section 503 compliance, the Amended CSAL List, Focused Reviews and answer federal contractor’s questions. REGISTER.
- Elevate Yourself, Advance Your Business. Don’t miss out on Marcum’s new free virtual webinar series. Elevate is a premiere online learning and continuing professional education program, brought to you compliments of Marcum. The robust selection of 14 presentations features distinct learning tracts for business executives and financial professionals.
- Thursday November 12 | 12:00pm – 1:30pm. Hot Topics in Employment Law Annual Seminar hosted by Nukk-Freeman & Cerra, PC. Overview of the most significant judicial decisions & legislative updates of 2020.
Tools You can Use
- Drive More Sales with Social Media. Social media has never been more crucial in growing your business. For the first episode in the Nationwide Business Solutions Series, social media expert and author Carlos Gil will show you how to maximize your social media accounts, expand your online presence and use social media to drive sales.
- [Course] Hiring the right talent – In this video course, you’ll learn how to use behavioral data to narrow down qualified candidates—and make smarter hires.
- [Blog] How to nail the virtual onboarding process – As you fill key roles within your organization, here’s how to ensure a smooth onboarding for your remote hires.
- [Video] Let’s Talk Talent: Building trust in teams – Drew Fortin, PI’s SVP of Marketing and Sales, shares why trust matters, and how to build it within teams.
- [Blog] Running effective remote team meetings without causing burnout – Team meetings are a great opportunity to motivate—so long as you avoid these pitfalls.
- [Blog] Building the house: How to instill DEI culture from the ground up – Learn how to effect change from the bottom up, starting with an inclusive culture.