We all know all this information is still unfolding daily so we urge you to review other resources so you can make the most informed decisions for your situation.
- The 2020 Census deadline is September 30. If you haven’t done so already, please fill out your Census form.
- The National Women’s Business Council (NWBC) is hosting a public meeting and subsequent listening session on September 29, 2020, at 12:00 PM EDT. NWBC welcome public comments and feedback on key topics related to women’s business enterprise. We hope you can join for a recap of NWBC’s Fiscal Year 2020 engagement. Each of the Council’s four subcommittees (Access to Capital and Opportunity, Women in STEM, Rural Women’s Entrepreneurship, and Communications) will present their policy recommendations and current projects to the full body for deliberation.
- WE USA assembled a panel of experts to weigh in on supplier diversity in banking and financial services industries. During our Q&A, the panel also offered advice on how diverse suppliers can gain the attention of buyers while in-person events are on hold. Read the Q&A with the expert panel.
- Are you a diverse supplier who has supplies, or pivoted to produce supplies, that are critical in fighting the pandemic? Diversity Alliance for Science is a not-for-profit organization that helps small and diverse life- science suppliers connect with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. Learn more about ways DA4S can help your business. Read More>>
- The latest Marcum-Hofstra CEO Survey shows middle-market companies confronting several intersecting challenges, in these unprecedented times in our nation. More than half of middle-market CEOs say increasing racial diversity and inclusion is a top priority, and plan to examine their companies’ policies in light of nationwide civil rights and social justice protests in recent months. Download the Survey Results.
Small Business Administration
Join us tomorrow, September 22, as we kick off our free National Small Business Week virtual conference. The event will feature presentations by business experts, mentoring, and virtual networking all designed to help entrepreneurs retool, pivot, and come back stronger than ever before. We will also announce the National Small Business Person of the Year. Register today
- As part of National Small Business Week, the U.S. Small Business Administration and cosponsors will host all virtual events September 22-24, 2020. This year’s National Small Business Week activities will include numerous educational panels providing retooling and innovative practices for entrepreneurs as our nation’s small businesses look to pivot and recover, contributing to a stronger economy. The event will recognize the national award winners, including the naming of the National Small Business Person of the Year. The National Small Business Week event schedule includes three days recognizing America’s outstanding entrepreneurs, shining a spotlight on the nation’s 30 million small businesses across the country. Details and registration information will be posted on https://www.sba.gov/NSBWas events are finalized.
- On September 11, 2020, the Department of Labor (“DOL”) announced that it had revised its Final Rule on the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (“FFCRA”) in response to the Southern District of New York’s August 3, 2020 decision in New York v. Scalia, which stemmed from the State of New York’s lawsuit challenging certain provisions of the DOL’s Final Rule first issued on April 1, 2020. The revised Final Rule can be found HERE. Health care employers should pay particular attention to the Rule’s new guidance relating to which employees can now be excluded from FFCRA coverage.
- The New York State Department of Health has published a free Business Reopening Safety Plan Template. The plan does not need to be submitted to a state agency for approval but must be retained on the premises of the business and must must made available to the New York State Department of Health (DOH) or local health or safety authorities in the event of an inspection.
- Are you a Champion of Maryland Manufacturing? The ‘Champions of Maryland Manufacturing’ represent beacons of change and inspiration for creating a new and positive narrative for Maryland manufacturing as a wealth generator, job creator and community builder. Submit your 2020 Champions Story Today!
- The Governor’s Office of Small, Minority & Women Business Affairs Presents: Empowering Women Entrepreneurs: Unlock Your Path to Purpose, Profit & Prosperity. Thursday October 15 | 10:00am – 12:00pm ET. Are you stuck in your comfort zone, but still find yourself wanting more for your business, your family, yourself? Dr. Jena L. Bell will help you break through your abundance blockers. You’ll learn how to empower your 5 Cs to personal greatness and live in economic freedom.
Partner Organization Offerings
- Center for Women & Enterprise: 2020 Virtual Women’s Business Leaders Conference October 6 – 9. CWE’s Annual Women Business Leaders Conference is the premier event for women in business. Each year this event brings together women business leaders and owners, entrepreneurs, community leaders, supplier diversity teams and purchasing professionals. Having the opportunity to host the conference virtually has allowed us to be more innovative and present subject matter directly impacting those severely affected by COVID-19 and information beholding to CWE’s commitment to Diversity and Equity.
Webinars and Townhalls
- Wednesday October 21 | 2:00pm – 3:00pm ET – Get Found on Google: What Your Business Needs to Do in 2020. It can be difficult to keep up with Google’s constantly changing algorithms. At the same time, it is essential that your business can be easily found by this most popular search engine. By understanding Google’s current and future ranking signals, you can help ensure that your business meets Google’s latest search criteria.
- Thursday, September 24 | f11:00 am – 12:30 ET via Zoom, you’re invited to join the Special Interest Group: Health Care for a discussion with Ivy Ng, CEO of Singapore Health and Services and member of IWF Singapore, Elena Orfanos-Boeckel, Internist, Praxis fuer Ganzheitliche Innere Medizin and member of IWF Germany, and Dr. Lucy Hone, Director, New Zealand Institute of Wellbeing & Resilience and member of IWF New Zealand.
Tools You Can Use!
- [Blog] Adjusting your remote leadership style for team cohesion – Leadership isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach. Here’s how you can use behavioral insights to build cohesion.
- [Video] The best way to build a great product team – Nidhi Aggarwal, founder of Qwiklabs, shares how to promote team innovation through diversity of thought.
- [Blog] 4 keys to an efficient daily standup agenda – When looking to make the most of your team’s time, start with an effective standup. Here are some tips.
- [Blog] Leading with confidence in an uncertain world – In this virtual environment, confidence is your superpower. Here’s how to wield that power successfully.